Replies

• RussDLaye
    RussDLaye Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Never give up
  • ganaz23
    ganaz23 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ok so it's been about a year and I still am having trouble losing the last 20 lbs. I have switched up my workouts. I see a trainer once a week and we do HIIT for about 30-40 minutes. I try to walk about an hour a day just because I can't run right now since I injured it during an obstacle course race. Need Help.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    How the #### can u think that?

Shouldn't even be an option
    And why are u suffering ???
    Weight loss should be easy I don't see how anyone should suffer

Try out IIFYM
  • Gillibeech
    Gillibeech Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I Agree with this poster. Muscle is leaner than fat so if your body is developing muscle you could still be losing fat !
    Check your measurements instead of yor weight and letd your body readjust ! Don't be disheartened , we all reach a plateau at some time! You'll get past it! Remember why you started your programme! You've done fantastic job so far so don't give in now!!
    Reward yourself a little , and keep up the good work! Best wishes!
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges and abs does a few times each week and hours of cardio each day sounds like part of the culprit

The last pounds are always a little bit of a challenge, however without knowledge of your nutrition, my first suggestion is to get yourself on a solid resistance training routine where you are working all body parts iin combination or separately throughout the week and Reduce the excessive steady state cardio and get some HIT going. Again, this is without knowing what's going in your mouth which is the largest determining factor for weight loss.

FYI:
    Are there health benefits do exercising for hours
 a day? Well, exercising
    for hours is better than watching television for hours, but not much. Take
    a look at this study:

A 1998 study in the International Journal of
 Sports Nutrition had women
    do 45 minutes of
 cardio per day, 5 days per week. They followed
 this protocol
    for 3 months.

The result? They lost NO more weight than
 those who dieted alone. Seems
    like a BIG waste of time if weight loss is your goal.

Then there's a 2007 study in the journal
 Obesity which revealed that doing
    60 minutes of
 cardio, 6 days per week only resulted in an 
average 3.5 pounds
    of weight loss after an entire
 year. Not much return on your time investment
    there is there? That equates to 312 hours of cardio. I'm sure you'd never hire
    a trainer if that were their promise.

Let's compare this to another 2012 study published in Applied Physiology:
    it was found that subjects dong 4 minutes of high intensity exercise got better
    results than those doing 30 minutes of low intensity cardio.
  • ganaz23
    ganaz23 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I try and do different body parts each day. I do a lot of squats and lunges every week. I am trying to do at least 2-3 days of HIIT. I am eating pretty healthy during the week, only give myself one day to cheat.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Try tweaking your calorie intake as well. You may find that increasing a bit helps push your body in the right direction.

I read this as twerking. FML.