Do you use any tablets/ pills?

Options
Hi,

I am dieting, exercises for a long time and I wonder if anyone here uses any pills/ shakes to help yourself lose weight?

Thanks!!

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Not directly for weight loss but indirectly..

I take a couple of supplements daily, that help to keep my blood sugar within the normal range & that coupled with a careful diet & daily exercise. is what I've done to lose weight.

Biotin, Vit D, Chromium GTF. My blood work indicated I was low in Vit D, which is why I'm supplementing, too much can be detrimental, so I wouldn't supplement unless you know for sure you are deficient.

When my post meal blood sugars return to near FBG for that particular day, then, coupled with exercise and a keto diet, I lose weight easily.

However, when my sugars are higher than that, I can maintain for days on end once my glycogen stores have been replenished.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Unless you are talking about protein shakes, the things you mentioned are generally frowned upon on MFP.

There are vitamin and mineral supplements but they don't really assist weight loss.

Anything that promises unrealistic losses and the such is just a grab for your money.

There is no magic bullet or trick, will provide links that will help you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1069278-acronyms-and-terms-for-new-mfp-members-v-6

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • molliethehyena
    Options
    Be careful with pills! I let a coworker talk me into taking some diet pills last year. I did not lose a pound (didn't change eating habits) but man they gave me so much energy, I loved it!

Problem is, they also made me insanely moody, I was mad ALL the time. Finally, I did more research and found out they are very similar to meth in their make up. No one puts that on the label, do they?

That being said, I found a couple in my medicine drawer the other day and was so tempted to take one just for the energy, I was very zoom-ey on them.
  • cnave99
    cnave99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, iron supp (i'm anemic), fish oil and a calcium.

I took phentermine for about 4 months a few years ago, and it took TWO YEARS for my body to get back to normal. Sleep schedules were off, and I could not lose a pound. Its like it messed with my metabolism or something.

A word of caution- you can not buy your way to good health- which is naturall for us to want to do in this instant gratification world. If you want this, do the work and be so proud that you managed it!
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Ive got some magic beans for sale if you want them?