When did you stop losing weight after reaching goal?

2»

Replies

• sklebar
    sklebar Posts: 117 Member
    Maintenance is tricky because you need to stop the weight loss and maybe even gain a couple back without reverting back to the old habits that made you need to lose in the first place. I started by adding back my daily frap light from SBUX, popped a few almonds here and there as a snack, increased my daily ice cream intake from 1/2 serving to a full serving, did fewer mid-day 2 mile walks and just focused on my morning exercise routine, and cut myself some slack during the holidays, and there I was exactly where I wanted to be. It actually took about 4-5 months for me to stabilize.

I still weigh almost daily, and I adjust accordingly. If I'm a pound or so over, then I cut back on portions and "junk" for a few days until I return to my ideal. If I get 2-3 pounds over, then I change my MFP goal to lose 1/2 pound per week, and I log until I'm back to the ideal. It still takes focus, but soon you'll learn to make small adjustments to stay within your goal.

Same thing happened to me. I reached my goal weight around end of June and it took me 3 months to stabilise my weight. First, I kept on losing and then looked too thin and then had to bump up my calories a lot for three weeks to re-gain the lost weight slowly and then found my perfect calorie intake and the last week has shown me what I need to eat.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Not yet. I always gain it back pretty quick because I pig out. Sigh...trying to master it.