Crockpot Zesty BBQ Chicken

Options
Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken BBQ

Ingredients:
* 6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce (FYI most bottles are bigger than this!!)
* 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce ( left this out because I didn't have any)
(I usually cup up an onion and throw it in as well, but you don't have to.)

Directions:
1. Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbeque sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
2. Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.

Replies

• mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Looks YUM... I may need to taste test this :wink:
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I have heard you shoudn't cook chicken in crockpot if it's frozen.......not sure if there is any truth to that. I will try the recipe though (and will check it with my meat thermometer, I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to chicken)! Thanks for sharing!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    That bottle of BBQ sauce is 600-700+ cals on its own, I would definately add the italian and find maybe a dap of water for moisture but do a dry rub on the chicken instead and save a ton of cals
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    Sounds yummy but do you have the nutritional info on this?
  • darcibean
    Options
    Hmm, I always cook my chicken when it's frozen. I buy it in the big 6.5lb bags at Sams Club and just put a few chicken breasts in. When it's done, I shred it all up and stir it in the sauce.
    I have heard you aren't supposed to do that with ground beef though!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yes, sounds yummy... but, lots of sugar! Maybe slow cooking with the dry rub suggested above and then just using a tablespoon or 2 of bbq sauce to dip the chicken in?
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yes, sounds yummy... but, lots of sugar! Maybe slow cooking with the dry rub suggested above and then just using a tablespoon or 2 of bbq sauce to dip the chicken in?
  • darcibean
    Options
    You can adapt it to what's good for you, but I used Bone Suckin BBQ sauce and watered it down some this past week when I made this along with light italian dressing and it was only 250 calories per serving, which was a pretty big serving.

The nutritional value is going to vary based on what BBQ sauce and Italian dressing you use!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    yum, thanks
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I always cook my chicken from frozen. never had a problem.
  • jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have made this before...really yummy. I always put them in frozen and never had a problem :smile:
  • sherrilewis
    Options
    I cook frozen as well and have made this and it is awesome! Use left overs for BBQ chicken salad with a fat free ranch/bbq mix dressing or make a bbq chicken pizza :D

TASTY!
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Got mine in the crock pot now. Starting to smell good!
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I smell Sunday dinner!
  • lindzbindz
    Options
    bump
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Very yummy. Get a good quality BBQ sauce, like Sticky Fingers or Bullseye, though. We used an off-brand but it was still delish.
    Thanks for sharing it!
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    can't wait to make this tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for sharing! will let you all know how it goes!

oh, when u say 6 chicken breasts halves, do you essentially mean 3 breasts and cut them in half? confused...........
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    The kids and I just popped it in the CP!
  • darcibean
    Options
    can't wait to make this tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for sharing! will let you all know how it goes!

oh, when u say 6 chicken breasts halves, do you essentially mean 3 breasts and cut them in half? confused...........

I just use the frozen chicken breasts in a bag and put 3 large pieces in, if I have smaller chicken breasts I will put in more. If it helps, I would say about 3/4-1lb of chicken. That's enough for my husband, daughter, and I as well as some leftovers.
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    awesome chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks darci! yummy!