for those of us not seeing results quickly...

Options
Hello everyone!

I just came home from a long evening of dance classes and was enjoying a cup of tea On my table I have a flower someone gave me a few days ago. It is beautiful, bright pink and has a large blossom. The strange thing is I was wondering why it wasn't dead yet...I've had it in a vase for a few days, it may have been sitting around the flower shops for a few days...how long has it been since someone cut it? doesn't it know it's supposed to die? I mean, it has no roots, no support...yet it's so beautiful still.

And here is why I'm writing about it: I realized that some life altering choices don't always have immediate results. Think about all the decisions we make each day. Think about the day you met your spouse, one little decision put you in that place and at that time and you likely had no idea how much your life would change. I realized that it applies to our fitness journeys, especially for those of us who feel stuck or are progressing slowly (seriously it's taken me 50 days to lose 5 pounds) but the little decisions we make are incredibly powerful. Each day, each moment, we have the choice to nurture our bodies or harm them, and each time we choose to nurture ourselves we achieve our goal, even if we can't see it or feel it.

I wish you all the best in your journeys! Keep blossoming!

Sanura

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this awesome post! I haven't had a plateau yet, but I know it's coming and this is a great way to look at things when results don't come as quickly as we want.
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great sentiments. Thank you for sharing I like you am losing very slowly but the fact that I am losing or maintaining makes me feel good.
    :flowerforyou:
  • ariellespiller
    Options
    What an absolutely beautiful and timely thought! I know a lot of us probably need to adjust our perspectives.
    :flowerforyou:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Thank you for sharing this insight! :heart:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Beautifully put and spot on, but unfortunately the next time the scales are static it will all go out of my head and I'll be Ms impatient knickers again. Oh well I guess its better than Ms Still Expanding Knickers!
  • sangrea
    sangrea Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that...it is hard when you dont see results right away been on the site for ten months and lost 23 pounds But i know i'm doing it the right way and because i'm doing it slowly i should be able to keep it off. And it feels good when someone you work with but don't really know comes up and ask you if have lost weight ...happened last night at work. cause its hard when i cant see a difference really. Thanks again for the great post.
    Cheri
  • poarche
    poarche Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    you are soooo right! thank you!
  • kkuhly
    kkuhly Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This was just what I needed to read! I posted a blog this morning about feeling inferior to my weight loss goals. I felt like they were beating me up and that I had no chance of attaining them because I have not see quick results....BUT I will if I keep chugging along! Thank you for your vision!
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That is really good way of looking at things. I am one who wants the weight to fall off and it's taking a while. Thanks for the thoughts!:flowerforyou:
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Great post. Most of us feel stuck at some point or another so sometimes it just takes a positive outlook to put things into perspective.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    wow! I didn't expect such a big response, thanks everyone!