Favorite running pants?

Options
I have been actively running all summer. I have one really annoying problem though... my pants always seem to fall down or bunch up when I'm running. Of course, this isn't ideal when I'm really trying to work on speed! I have tried going down a size and though that helps a little, it doesn't help that much when I'm running for longer periods of time. What's the secret here?! I can't be the only one who has this problem. What are your favorite running pants?

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Compression or fitted pants. Pants falling down have never even crossed my mind as an issue. No clue where you are, but I have these for running in the winter. http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champion-women-s-advanced-cold-weather-run-tights-assorted-colors/-/A-14656333#prodSlot=large_1_9

They also make regular fitted capris that aren't lined. I have both, multiple pairs actually.
  • mandy2128
    Options
    Thanks! I have never tried the fitted pants before... I'm a little unsure how they will look! But I'll try some on and see what happens.
  • jjwalker77
    jjwalker77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My favorite are the Old Navy compression capris and then I have some Danskin lycra capris from Walmart. They are both "tight" - like spandex. I got over the fact that my booty is bigger than I'd like it to be because the pants hold them all together, I don't chafe, and I don't have to worry about falling down or riding up.

Yay for running!
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I love Brooks "essential capris". They hold everything in and there is no muffin top!!! :bigsmile:

http://www.brooksrunning.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BrooksRunning-Site/default/Product-Select?pid=220503&220503_color=054
  • mandy2128
    Options
    Looks like I'm going to need to try some fitted pants.

I like the idea of no muffin top. ;-)
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I prefer not to have to chase my clothes, so my favorite pants don't run. :wink:

Okay, seriously, though...

Brooks has some great running tights. I agree that something tighter would be better. You don't want to have to worry about what you're wearing when you run. For summer you might want to try shorts. I made that switch a few months ago and was amazed how much better I felt running with more of my legs exposed - so much cooler!
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Pants are really annoying to run in; I wear leggings/running tights instead (when I'm not wearing shorts).

I was pretty shy about wearing them at first but they are so much more comfortable for running that I quickly stopped caring what anyone else thought.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    I am also on the fitted pants bandwagon.....quite honestly I don't know how you run in loose fitting pants! I actually picked up some great base layer leggings (they work great on their own at this time of year too!) at Costco for like $15!

Once you go fitted you'll never go back! Haha!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I wear compression shorts/capris/tights (depending on weather) and running shorts over that (to protect the general public). Nothing slips, slides, rubs, falls, or otherwise malfunctions with this setup.
  • jrbadabing
    Options
    Pants? Who needs pants ....lol
  • Kimberlybward
    Options
    I wear fitted slick pants under my shorts. I just feel self conscious in just the spandex. It is very comfortable and I don't feel like my butt is on display. :)
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants! My mum gave me a pair of her new ones and they're awesome.
    Plus they make my butt look fandabeedozee.
  • mandy2128
    Options
    Looks like fitted pants are the way to go. eek. Hopefully I find something that doesn't look too bad!
  • Amy_Andrews
    Options
    I second the C9 line by Champion at Target. LOVE THEM ALL!
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Compression pants also.. I actually like the ones from Old Navy.