Been so good this week and no results :(

Options
So I have a big night out on Saturday and got a lovely black leather panelled dress to wear. However, it's a little on the tight side so I've been extra good all week to try an lose and few pounds. It's now two days until Saturday and I haven't lost a single pound :( I'm devastated because I've tried so hard!!! Upped my calories today thinking it may boost my metabolism but now I just feel guilty and will probably be a pound up :(. Just really disheartens me as I've put my heart and soul into it this week and havent had any results, don't even want to go out now :(.

How is it possible to do everything right and the scales not to move? If it really is as simple as calories in being less than calories out then surely weightloss is a sure thing!

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Aiming for 1 or 2 pounds a week to lose is adequate, but don't ever expect to drop enough weight in a week to fit in a dress.
    I don't know what your stats are and how much you want to lose but you can't simply have a goal to fit in something in as little as a week. That's just a recipe for failure.

Think about it this way, how long did it take you to gain the weight that made that dress tight? I am pretty sure it isn't a week. Don't expect to lose faster than you gained
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    yes it's that simple if calories in is less then calories out you will lose weight...

But then it's not that simple...water retention, sodium intake etc all affect the scale.

Weight loss is not linear.

Increasing calories in for a day to boost metabolism wont work.

Losing a "few" pounds in one week is an unrealistic goal unless you are significantly overweight.

You have to put your "heart and soul" into it for more then one week...
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit=weight loss
    Exercise=fitness

Weight loss may not happen each week and having the expectation that you are going to lose a few pounds in one week is unrealistic for you. When you get closer to your goal (not much weight to lose), the weight will come off slower. Set realistic goals (don't label "good", "bad", "dirty", "clean" etc), calculate appropriate calorie needs, be consistent, log accurately, weigh everything and be patient. If a few pounds are going to de-rail you that much, take a step back. If you are not losing weight (or inches), there is a miscalculation somewhere along the way.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the dress on to see if it fits any looser or did you just step on the scale...?
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You're aiming to high girl... you can't rely on one week. It takes time!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    It's only been a week. Unless you're going to do a mud wrap body cleanse only-drink-a-nasty-juice-for-seven-days diet, dropping a few pounds takes time.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters - it's unreasonable to expect to lose "a few pounds" in a week, or reshape your body enough to make much change in how a dress fits. It's the long term that has the effects.

However, there is a bit of hope. If the dress is just "a bit" tight, you can probably buy yourself a good Spanks and still look good for your event on Saturday. (Depends on how much you mean by "a bit" … if you can zip it but it's snug, they'll work, if you can't get it done up, then probably not).
  • Oh_Em_Jayyy
    Oh_Em_Jayyy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    A week isn't nearly long enough to meet that "goal." Maybe try a different outfit and save the leather panelled dress for another occasion more far out when you can set acheivable goals.

If you really must wear it: My recommendation, drink lots of water to help with any bloating and Spanx it up on Saturday. Prepare to be unable to breathe or eat much while wearing the dress.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Measuring inches would probably be better than weighing on a scale, if the goal is to fit a particular outfit.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I get impatient, too, especially when I'm trying very hard to eat right and hit the gym hard. You're changing your body gradually, but it has its own time limits and it basically does whatever it wants to, whenenver it wants to. It's worth it in the end.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    it is hard to be patient, but it is SO key.

hoping to lose a "few pounds" in a week is rather ambitious, and although it may happen it's not all that sustainable.

keep working hard and being patient and you will reap the rewards.
  • alanastar3
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments :) I'm going to take my inches in the morning and hopefully see a difference there. This isn't the start of my weightloss (28lbs in 2 months) so the fact I can even get the dress on is a big achievement. I just hoped for two pounds this week as that would get me to one of my milestones. I just felt a bit down at the lack of change on the scale. On reflection though I know how far I've came so just need to persevere, I'll get there eventually :)
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    This may help in the short run for Saturday deadline... 3 things to focus on to help with water retention:
    Less sodium. More fiber. More water.

Stay way under your sodium. eat clean. eat fresh. stay away from processed foods, fast foods, cheeses, luncheon meats etc.

Eat lots of fresh veggies & fruit (low sodium, lots of fiber which move things along in your GI tract)

Drink lots of water ( to flush things thru)

good luck !!
  • emilynoland39
    Options
    Frustrating I know! It's always possible you may be retaining some water. An over the counter water pill may do the trick!:flowerforyou:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    (28lbs in 2 months)

great results. keep at it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It's been a week.

Give it more time...a lot more time...
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time. I won't lose for a week or two and then I'll drop 2-4 pounds. Don't get discouraged!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Expectations are not realistic...