Runtastic?
Run Keeper?
Digifit?

And why do you like it?

Replies

• chloecats
    chloecats Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    For new and reluctant runners, I highly recommend "Zombies, Run!". It can be expensive if you don't catch it on a sale (I think it is still on sale right now) but it's a lot of fun... and good practice for the future Zombiepocalypse!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I like run keeper (it is the only one I have ever used) but it tracks accurately and can be synced with MFP, its FREE!
    I have used Zombies run too, not so much for me but I can see the appeal to it, I am more of a get lost in the music kind of person though and people talking to me annoys me (yeah I guess I am kinda a grump)
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the zombies run 5k app. Really good reviews. Im thinking of buying it. The thing many people kept saying was that u cant hear instructions over music. I gotta see about this before I buy. Using rundouble and it's boring to me. I jope somemore people respond. I would love to hear more oppinions.
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I will look at runkeeper too. Thx!
  • chelciebrown07
    chelciebrown07 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I use Zombies, Run! as well, and it's great fun! The story is interesting, and you can't wait to get out on the trail again to find out whats happening next, and to get more supplies to upgrade your base.
  • NewMnky1
    Options
    I tried a few apps on my phone when I started running, but the best thing I did was get a Garmin watch with heart rate monitor, this thing is amazing, a bit pricey yes, but I use it 6 days a week when I workout.
  • erinm2629
    erinm2629 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I use Runtastic but have noticed lately that when it syncs with MFP the average pace is always 11.5 mins per mile regardless of how much faster i am than that. It is a minor issue but frustrates me anyway. i also have Zombie Run but always forget to try it out.
  • OhFitness
    OhFitness Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo. It posts your run and time on facebook (you can tweak the privacy) in real time. It's cool to have your friends cheer you on as you workout.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper and like it a lot. Haven't used Runtastic, but since Runkeeper works great, I don't have a reason to switch. :) What I appreciate:
    -syncing to MFP
    -after it connects to network, it will adjust your calories based on elevation
    -graphs are beneficial
    -I used it for most of my vacation in Spain, and it worked wonderfully
    -audio progress stats

I also used Zombies Run last year and loved it, even if briefly. I've gotten a new phone since then and not sure yet whether I want to buy it again. I also hear the developers have started charging for new missions to be downloaded, so I'll probably pass.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    MFP and RUNKEEPER
  • jus_Taryn
    jus_Taryn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper and like it a lot. Haven't used Runtastic, but since Runkeeper works great, I don't have a reason to switch. :) What I appreciate:
    -syncing to MFP
    -after it connects to network, it will adjust your calories based on elevation
    -graphs are beneficial
    -I used it for most of my vacation in Spain, and it worked wonderfully
    -audio progress stats

i totally agree. I like how it adds the extra calories burned on elevation
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    For new and reluctant runners, I highly recommend "Zombies, Run!". It can be expensive if you don't catch it on a sale (I think it is still on sale right now) but it's a lot of fun... and good practice for the future Zombiepocalypse!

ditto. It got me from running 0 (like never in my whole entire life) to 4miles non stop. It's great!
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the zombies run 5k app. Really good reviews. Im thinking of buying it. The thing many people kept saying was that u cant hear instructions over music. I gotta see about this before I buy. Using rundouble and it's boring to me. I jope somemore people respond. I would love to hear more oppinions.

I don't have any problems w/hearing the instructions. The music volume adjusts & goes down when they speak to you, or the music plays after bits of the story or instructions are played.
This discussion has been closed.