Then and Now Pics

Options
jb_2011
jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
I'll be turning 59 in a couple of weeks, reaching on up to the stars of 60. Oh joy! Haha! But life has been good, even better now that I've dropped some dreaded pounds and have learned how to eat right and move my bod on occasion :)

Years and years I spent hunched over a guitar. Singer, songwriter, recording artist, and music teacher. I love to cook, I love to eat, I love to camp in the great outdoors with my hubby and dogs. I garden all summer then slowly force myself back into a cardio routine once all of the harvest is taken care of. Which would be right about now. Ding ding goes the starting bell! Back to the track I go. I'm not really a runner, but I can jog a little now, amazingly enough. I live near many beautiful parks where I like to hike with the dogs...I can now hike up very steep hills without stopping, flying through the forest with the greatest of ease, lol. Seriously, it's just incredible!

It took awhile to build up strength and straighten out a very painful pinched sciatic nerve and elevated hip, but with months of endless stretching and increased walking every day I managed to get over the hump of sedentary life. Ahhhhh! So that's how it's done! You get off your patootski and move, baby, move! :)

Pic on the left is from Aug 2010 weighing about 225 lbs. It was in Dec. of that year when I started with MFP, thank goodness a friend mentioned it to me, whew! I needed it bad! I lost the weight in a year and a half and have been holding fairly steady for the last year. Then there's the new me! I clean up pretty well, lol. Pic taken yesterday, weighing 160 or darn close - lately it's been up a couple, down a couple!

Many thanks to MFP, and the friends and support I've received here, I'll forever be grateful! xo

2010to2013.jpg

Replies

• Gettinfit242
    Gettinfit242 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! awesome job!!! :)
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Nice post! Sneaking up on the big 60 myself.... hard to believe. You look Marvelous! Must be all those fresh, home grown veggies!!! LOL
    Love ya Girl! You keep me inspired :))
  • rockinjennydee
    rockinjennydee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look amazing and so much happier and most importantly, more healthy!
  • enkmom
    enkmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. Congratulations to you:happy:
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Fantastic job!
  • CaliforniaAtHeart
    Options
    So happy for you! You're an inspiration to many!

Keep it up.
  • Buckeyegirlbritt
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! :)
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful transformation you've had. Congratulations on jumping over those hurdles, especially starting exercise from being sedentary. You must be so pleased :)
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    awesome accomplishment. It can be hard at times, I know. Congrats!!!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Just want to weigh in here....pun intended..lol..and say I love you, Joanie! :heart: You are so inspirational, and I adore how much we have in common! Your sense of humour keeps me in stitches, and you are such a great MFPeep to me! That being said, WOWOWOWOWzers, girl...you are a great sucecss story!!! Happy Birthday! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! I'm so proud of you and happy for you:bigsmile: !!! You are an amazing and beautiful person too, so happy to call you my friend:happy: !

Love ya much!!!
  • LongHoller
    Options
    Yes, you look fabulous. But the most amazing thing is how losing weight and getting control of yourself again, doing all the hard work that you did (and continue) to do, have turned you into a pain-free, happy woman that is an inspiration to all of us. I'm so glad I found you on Craigslist LOL (that didn't sound so good). Just goes to show that life is a learning experience, and we should never give up on our goals. We don't want to turn into fat, angry old women. And we WON'T!! Congratulations, you deserve it.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    jb, you look wonderful, healthy and happy. I am so happy for you.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,944 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: you have done an awesome job reinventing yourself.....you have a new body and a new way of life.
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job! You look beautiful, happy and confident. Thank you for sharing your journey!!!
    I'll be turning 59 in a couple of weeks, reaching on up to the stars of 60. Oh joy! Haha! But life has been good, even better now that I've dropped some dreaded pounds and have learned how to eat right and move my bod on occasion :)

Years and years I spent hunched over a guitar. Singer, songwriter, recording artist, and music teacher. I love to cook, I love to eat, I love to camp in the great outdoors with my hubby and dogs. I garden all summer then slowly force myself back into a cardio routine once all of the harvest is taken care of. Which would be right about now. Ding ding goes the starting bell! Back to the track I go. I'm not really a runner, but I can jog a little now, amazingly enough. I live near many beautiful parks where I like to hike with the dogs...I can now hike up very steep hills without stopping, flying through the forest with the greatest of ease, lol. Seriously, it's just incredible!

It took awhile to build up strength and straighten out a very painful pinched sciatic nerve and elevated hip, but with months of endless stretching and increased walking every day I managed to get over the hump of sedentary life. Ahhhhh! So that's how it's done! You get off your patootski and move, baby, move! :)

Pic on the left is from Aug 2010 weighing about 225 lbs. It was in Dec. of that year when I started with MFP, thank goodness a friend mentioned it to me, whew! I needed it bad! I lost the weight in a year and a half and have been holding fairly steady for the last year. Then there's the new me! I clean up pretty well, lol. Pic taken yesterday, weighing 160 or darn close - lately it's been up a couple, down a couple!

Many thanks to MFP, and the friends and support I've received here, I'll forever be grateful! xo

2010to2013.jpg
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    great job.
  • melismh
    melismh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing sticking with MFP and losing that much weight. I am a newby, started my weight lose program about 2 months ago, so far I have lost 16 lbs. I started at 204,today 188... I am 5'4", so I need to weight around 145, I am determined, to get to goal. Walking approx. 20-30 min a day and on 1200 calories.

Do you think I should go lower in calories or walk more. I am 68 years old. BTW Macdonalds is my go to treat - ice cream - pretty high in fat!

Please help with any tips!
    Thanks...
  • mrivera0481
    mrivera0481 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! AWESOME job! Congratulations!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!