New Breakfast Ideas

Options
strivingfor130
strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
I have a huge problem finding something I want to eat for breakfast. I normally eat cereal, toast with jam, or eggs and toast. I don't like peanut butter toast, and I don't normally have time to make pancakes or anything. I have recently been eating yogurt and granola, but I really don't like yogurt by itself. I'm not big on oatmeal but will have it occassionally. My problem is I can't eat the same breakfast all the time, and I'm getting pretty tired of eating the same stuff so much that I wake up and just don't want to eat breakfast because I don't want anything I have.

What do you guys normally eat? or do you have any suggestions on some new quick and easy breakfast ideas??

Replies

• gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I eat a bowl of fresh fruit for breakfast. Its delicious and healthy!
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 egg whites scramble with 1/3 cup of weight watcher cheese, 1 piece of Whole grain toast and a banana or an apple. It is really good and all for under 300 calories.
  • luckyinlife
    luckyinlife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Toast with laughing cow cheese!!!
  • JAYRFOXY1
    JAYRFOXY1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    everyday for oh 4 years i eat ....seven grain toast with light butter and a tall coffee with spenda EVERYDAY and im not bored yet ...lol but thats me i just really like it
  • debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a Mushroom/Cheese(fat free) Omelet (either egg whites or liquid eggs), slice of toast (sometimes with sugar free jam), 2 cups of coffee. 132 calories and it is satisfying and I am not hungry like when I eat cereal. :wink:
  • Net132
    Net132 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    How about cream of wheat. I found Farina brand has no salt added. I dont really care for oatmeal, but I found a recipe called banana nut oatmeal I leave out the nuts its really good (my kids just love it) and easy to make. I do eggs a lot,but i change it up a bit like adding a little ham and green peppers to make kinda of a western omelet or red peppers and a little sausage put in in a whole grain tortilla and your set. Smoothies are good now they have those frozen fruit in a bag just add milk. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day If you want any recipes just let my know i will get them to you.
  • momtomalia
    Options
    I like to have Ezekial bread with cashew butter and and 2 hard boiled egg whites. Seems to keep me satified through alot of the morning. Also make sure that I drink plenty of water in the morning.
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I usually have toast with peanut butter, a ramekin of yogurt and a glass of water. But if you do not like Peanut butter, that is no help :-)

I sometimes make a batch of muffins, and i will have one of them with my yogurt and a banana as well.

If you have time to make pancakes the night before, they reheat in the microwave nicely. So do home made waffles! I have made waffles on a weekday morning many times; just make the mix the night before, pour it in the griddle and let it cook while you pack lunch, get dressed, do make up etc.

I find cearels have to much sugar, so i usually stear clear of those, but sometimes i will make a fried egg sandwich. An egg takes no time to fry.
  • Sammie3
    Sammie3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have Quaker's Oat So Simple Porridge. It only takes 2 mins in the microwave/on the hob and only has 180 calories with semi skimmed milk. they are available in variety packs so have a different flavour every day. my favorite is Golden Syrup and Apple and Blueberry.