Exersizes to help with belly over-hang?

Options
Yeah, recently, i've been power walking at least every day for about 36 minutes. Are there any exersizes that can help with over hang?
I have it as one year a go, i had a c-section. And they completely stretched my stomach to get my son out.
I have a fatty layer that just hangs there.. And i can feel the muscles under it.

So, does anyone have any tips?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce with exercise.

Abs are made in the kitchen...in other words lose fat...goodbye overhang.

Best way to lose fat and maintain muscle is eat at a calorie deficet and lift heavy things repeatedly.

ETA: ie lift weights...New rules of lifting for woman, Starting strenght or Stronglifts are all good.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce with exercise.

Abs are made in the kitchen...in other words lose fat...goodbye overhang.

Best way to lose fat and maintain muscle is eat at a calorie deficet and lift heavy things repeatedly.

ETA: ie lift weights...New rules of lifting for woman, Starting strenght or Stronglifts are all good.

^ What she said.
  • HollyLueNicholls
    Options
    Thankyou :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    They didn't stretch your skin to get the baby out so that it didn't go back. Not medically possible. Your skin is stretched from weight gain and it may or may not go back depending on your genetics and age. Lose fat all over and as much will go as is possible. You can exercise the muscle under the flab all you want but you won't see it until the fat is gone.
  • HollyLueNicholls
    Options
    Ah fair enough Mokey. Well my genetics...Haha, all of my family tree are pretty heavily bodied.
    I geus i'll just loose the weight all over and hope it goes.
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    They didn't stretch your skin to get the baby out so that it didn't go back. Not medically possible. Your skin is stretched from weight gain and it may or may not go back depending on your genetics and age. Lose fat all over and as much will go as is possible. You can exercise the muscle under the flab all you want but you won't see it until the fat is gone.

Most likely the baby stretched her skin out. My youngest son was GINORMOUS. He was a 10lb natural birth. I never looked preggers from behind, because I was all belly. And even though I got back down to my pre-pregnancy weight quickly, I have had loose skin ever since.

Good luck... and I feel your pain, OP
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! It's so frustrating. I never had an overhang until I had surgery to have an ovary removed. Now I have this lump right near my pevlic area. I know it's due to what I had eaten in the past, but I wonder if it will still have that lumpy look even after I lose the weight.
  • HollyLueNicholls
    Options
    Venessa- Wow, hope you're ok.

Leslieve- My son was 1 month premature and only weighed 3lbsbut the way the cut, then hold the belly open with equiptment, the skin went through a lot of strain it wouldn't have gone through if i went through naturally. It's just completely lost the elastic.

I mean.. I've NEVER been 'thin' But i was a good size before i became depressed and started to comfort eat. :-/
  • HollyLueNicholls
    Options