Getting back on track

Options
Hello,

Six months ago I managed to lose around 24 pounds using MFP (tracking 1450 calories daily food intake) and tracking my walks (doing 10,000 steps almost everyday) for 6 months. Since then I started a new job (which has been and still is causing a lot of stress), and within another six months I managed to gain back 10 pounds. I have been exercising (about 3x a week doing high impact zumba) in these last six months with the new job, but I haven't been tracking what I've been eating so that is the culprit.

This week I started with MFP again and decided to do daily elliptical trainer to burn extra 500 calories per day. I'm 5'7", 170.8 pounds right now, and plan to consume 1450 calories per day and exercise to burn the 500 calories. My goal weight is 135 pounds.

I am just feeling so frustrated with myself as to how I've let myself go again in these last six months. This is not the first time I've lost around 20 pounds and then gain it almost all back again. I hope that this time I will be able to lose it again and more to hit my goal. More importantly, I hope I'm able to maintain the weight loss instead of piling it back on again.

Replies

• Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm in almost the same situation. I lost 60 pounds, but then I let myself go in the senior year of college and beginning year of adulthood. Now that I've had practice being an adult, I can take better care of myself.

Good luck!
  • mfarmer88
    mfarmer88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I understand that frustrated feeling! But let's not get down on ourselves cause we're doing something about it now?
    Best wishes!