Goal Weight?

Options
I was wondering what everyone's height and goal weight is as im reconsidering my own! Originally I was looking to be about 130 im 5'7, but at 139 now I feel I should be aiming lower.

Whats yours?

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I will probably reconsider my goal weight. I'm 5'1'', aiming for 130, but that's at the top of a "healthy" weight range for me (according to BMI). Chances are I'll place a much stronger focus on body fat % at that point.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and reached my goal weight of 130.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I am just over 5 5 and my initial goal weight was 120. By the way things are going, I think I'll be happy at 125 too.
  • melbee4
    Options
    I'm at 119 and 5'3'' my BMI is 21.1 but I want to go down at about 113 and BMI of about 20. I have a small frame, never been overweight but just want to lose those last pounds
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and currently my goal weight is 135 and will check how i feel and look when i reach there. I want to focus on how i look rather than a weight mainly
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'd shoot for BF% and body composition over an arbitrary scale weight.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Goal weights are useful when you have a lot to lose, but not so much for fine tuning. I set mine so it was within the normal BMI range, just as an initial target. When I get near it, I'll assess body fat, muscle mass, and health. I'd rather be somewhat heavier, but strong and energetic, than have a low weight without much muscle or stamina. And it can be downright dangerous to focus on a low number.
  • topazora
    topazora Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    5'3" and my main goal is 150 lbs since that's the maximum weight to height ratio joining the Navy will allow. If I go lower- bonus! Though, if they let me in, I'll just loose more weigh at boot camp anyway. But like I said, I would not complain if I lost another 30 lbs after that. I may even shoot for it- most likely will.
    At the moment, I'm at 183 lbs, I was originally 220 lbs. I was loosing weight like a boss! before I got hired for a full time job. Now I feel like I'm crawling through the 180s -_- I don't have the time to exercise like I used to.
  • eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and aiming for around 145 right now, but that may change when I finally get towards my goal. I also used to think I was fat back then, hahah if only I could be that fat again....

2481349.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my initial goal was 135. I wasn't quite happy when I got there, so I aimed lower. Now I am 125 and very happy. Just re-evaluate as you go along and see how you feel.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and currently my goal weight is 135 and will check how i feel and look when i reach there. I want to focus on how i look rather than a weight mainly

This is how I feel too, my goal weight was 145, I'm now 134 and still want to keep working on things :smile: So, the number is starting to not matter.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    6'4 ....200-210 ish...I'll know it when I see it.

Something tells me this is of no value to you though.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    5'5", 133, 24% bf is where I'm at now. I'm happy here, but I think I might want to drop down to about 22% bf. According to most calculators, I'd need to get down to 129 while maintaining my current muscle mass. Football season is not the best time for me to cut calories though, so I'll probably hang out at this weight through the fall at least.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", and my initial goal weight is 140 because that's what gets me out of "overweight" territory. Once I get there, I will reassess and see what I need to do to be happy with my body. However, honestly if I can get my waistline below 34 inches, I'll be happy whether I weigh 125 or 155.
  • paisleytulip
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 125lbs. I have wide hips and back so I might stop at 130lbs and evaluate it then. I'm currently in the healthy BMI range, but I've never been satisfied with my body. I would like to be lean and strong, not just "thin", so that's why I may raise my goal.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    It depends a lot on your body composition. At 5'7" and 130 you could be a size 2 or a size 8 or who knows, depending on how tight you are. This woman is the best example I've seen: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/ Tiny at 142 pounds, way tighter than she was at 131 pounds.

I'm 5"7" as well, and my goal weight is 135. Right now I am at 145, 24% body fat, and a size 6. I had my body fat tested in a bodpod, so I know I have a lean body mass of 109 pounds. At 135 I should be at 20% body fat, which will most likely be the size and look I'm going for. If I stop doing weights I could lose ten pounds of muscle but probably stay the same size and be really squishy, which would not be desirable to me at all.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 125, Im 5'4, Im at 132 right now. Once I get to 125 Im pretty sure Im going to change my goal weight to 120. However, I plan on lifting heavy once I reach that goal to tone & hopefully replace some fat with muscle so I will probably end up back at 125. The lowest weight I have been is 110 and people always told me I looked way to skinny.
  • colleenoconnor94
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' and currently weigh 135lbs. At my highest weight, I was 150 lbs and I lost 30 lbs, but have recently gained back 15 lbs due to college stress/ work stress. My goal now is to be 125 lbs, because 120lbs was a little low for me.
  • mikedel48
    mikedel48 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I was in the weight-loss phase, I was shooting for a goal weight at the mid-point of the "healthy" range (by BMI) for my height: 6', 162.5 lbs. For the maintenance phase I decided to shoot for 5 lbs lighter (157.5 lbs), just to give myself some room. In order to avoid the frustration of trying to meet a specific goal weight, I actually try to maintain within a 2.5 lb +/- range around 157.5: 155 to 160 lbs. If I get down too close to 155 I eat a bit more. If I get up close to 160, then I eat a little less or/and increase my cardio. So far it has been working well for me.

At 5' 7" your BMI "healthy" range is 118.1' to 159.6', midpoint 139 lbs - right where you are now. If you have achieved the bikini goal you write about in your profile and feel good in terms of energy etc, then no need to go lower. On the other hand, if you want to take it down another 5 - 10 lbs just to see how it feels, then you will still be within the "healthy" range. I wouldn't recommend going to much lower than that.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    5'6" and goal weight of 145 as long as I keep lifting weights. I was there a few years ago (and lifting) and that's where my favorite measurements lie: 140-145. Past that and my waist-to-hip curve and boobs just get smaller for no good reason, lol, and nothing else changes much at all.

Under 150 is my 'top weight' goal. I was happy with my looks there, too.