My NSV

Options
misjent
misjent Posts: 29 Member
I have always wanted to be an athlete of some sort. It didn't really matter to me what kind of sport, I just wanted to be good at something physical. I was always to shy or embarrassed in high school to try out for any sport so I just never gave myself the chance to try anything.

Well, I'm 32 years old now - high school shyness is no longer a factor. So I sat out to become a runner.

Tonight, I ran my first 5k! This in my NSV for the week.

I am training for an actual 5k race in October and I want to be conditioned. So tonight I tried it, I ran my first 5k. I completed it in 34 minutes! This is an awesome feeling!!

Replies

• Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Good job. I am sure that it feels wonderful to have succeeded at your goal.
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    that is so great!!!!!! wtg
  • haunstar
    haunstar Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    freakin awesome.
  • rachelhartmanallen
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat... never was an athlete, but always jealous of the girls that were. Now I'm 40, and I have been doing a walking workout for a over a month, and did my first 5K this weekend. I did a walk/jog combo, it wasn't timed, but I just wanted to finish it and know I pushed myself. Now I'm training for another event in February that I want to be able to run all of. My big challenge is the Disneyworld half marathon. Not sure how long it will take me to be ready for that one, but I know each race will get me closer.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You are now an athlete :) Run On !
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Freaking fantastic! You are an athlete. That's an amazing feat. Keep it up and don't stop now. You're in the groove and really doing the right things.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!