Options
Any riders out there? street or dirt?

What are you riding?

540.jpg

Replies

• amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I don't ride (yet), but my husband and I just came back from our motorcycle camping trip on his Honda Goldwing. Eight days of camping and riding through Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Smokey Mountains, Dragon's Tail and Charohola Skyway. It was pretty beautiful. I got a lot of nice photos, but I don't know how to post them easily.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I just got my license in May....I was tired of the sore butt from riding on the back of my hubby's bike (2008 Suzuki B-King). I have a 2003 Suzuki SV650. LOVE it! :bigsmile:
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Retired YZF600R driver here. I do sort of miss it.
  • yoopergirl
    yoopergirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Have a Harley Deluxe, ride for fun short trips. Need to start doing more, but since I work @ home, it is hard to ride to work.
  • AndyTwoSlow
    Options
    Have a Harley Deluxe, ride for fun short trips. Need to start doing more, but since I work @ home, it is hard to ride to work.

hop on, ride around the block a few times, dismount, work, ?, profit.

bleh, I didn't realize my pic got cropped: http://twoslow.com/wp-content/uploads/wppa/540.jpg
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Street bike
    GSXR-600
  • AndyTwoSlow
    Options
    I don't ride (yet), but my husband and I just came back from our motorcycle camping trip on his Honda Goldwing. Eight days of camping and riding through Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Smokey Mountains, Dragon's Tail and Charohola Skyway. It was pretty beautiful. I got a lot of nice photos, but I don't know how to post them easily.

that sounds awesome.
    some friends and I did 7(?) days from SoCal to Yellowstone and back in 2011. It was pretty amazing.
    we used facebook to document our trip so our group and our families could keep track: https://www.facebook.com/pages/OCMoto-Yellowstone-2011/233395296685022
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Harley Heritage Softail---Street -- scared of the dirt, and gravel and rain and most other vehicles on the road.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I SO want a Harley but just sold out Honda... Hopefully we'll have a Harley in the garage soon!
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I SO want a Harley but just sold out Honda... Hopefully we'll have a Harley in the garage soon!

Waited a long time for mine. It sure isnt the fastest but hey its a Harley !
  • Italia2229
    Italia2229 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Love riding..... I own a 06 GSX-R 600. Thinking about upgrading to a 750 next summer.
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    100 yr anniversary Harley Softail
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options

Waited a long time for mine. It sure isnt the fastest but hey its a Harley !

#tru... I don't care how fast it is either as long as it's a Harley...
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    why do you guys dart in and out of lanes?

willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it's something to do with having to maintain a certain speed to keep your bike upright (i'm crap at science, it's possible), but maybe it's something else. curious minds want to know.

(but really, it is annoying to drive in your vicinity. no car driver wants to kill a motorcyclist because they didn't see them in their blind spot - you are very tiny and fast! also fyi i've been told nurses call your vehicles meat grinders.)

i will never get on a motorcycle, but other than the above it does look romantic and all that.
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    259950_10150211504049891_5522628_n.jpg

Hi :)
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    why do you guys dart in and out of lanes?

willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it's something to do with having to maintain a certain speed to keep your bike upright (i'm crap at science, it's possible), but maybe it's something else. curious minds want to know.

not all motorcyclists ride like morons. The ones that do likely were never properly trained and/or like to think they are showing off. :grumble:

And no, the ones that ride like idiots don't do so to keep the bike upright. :ohwell: the bike can stay upright at idle with proper clutch control and balance (moving at only a couple mph).
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Sold my Kawi Vulcan 900 about a year ago, looking at buying a new bike towards spring though. Looking at the Victory Judge or Boardwalk :-)

Judge
    judge-p2.jpg

Boardwalk
    boardwalk-p2.jpg
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Harley rider here - both better half and I. ~waves~

For my 16 year old kid, riding is his PASSION. It is great to see this. All 4 of my boys ride, by its in his blood.
    By the age of 15, he worked for and purchased on his own 4 motocross bikes, rebuilt the engines, carburetors...you name it, he does it.
    A bunch of guys bring their bikes to him to do oil changes, brakes, etc. Its great to see the trust and respect he has already earned at this age...and he's good. Where he got it from, I don't know, but it makes a biker Dad proud!

Current project - 1978 Suzuki GS550 awesome bike! Only 8K miles. Its running perfect. He might make a cafe racer or bobber out of it. We'll see what the winter brings...
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Have a Harley Ultra Classic. Rode it to work today as a matter of fact...
  • peejay65pj
    Options
    I ride a Versys now and had a 650L that I miled :sad: out after a dozen years...lol