new member and doctor who lover

Options
Hi my name is Chrissy. So one of my friends was giving away her scale. I thought to myself that i could get the scale and weigh myself. Weight has always been a struggle for me. I was never really serious about dieting before.

If you remeber that teenager/pre-teen book The Babysitters club. There was always that girl who would hide sweets in her room. Yes my parents did keep the chocolates away, but I always found it. With my flat feet it is so hard to exercise. So i gained weight through childhood.

Now here I am in my 20s. I stepped on the scale and it said 380!!!! Mind you i went to the dr close to a year ago. Then someone said the scale might need adjusting. So a twenty pound difference really ment a lot in my mind.

So I am on day two of my diet here and I LOVE IT. Instead of feeling sleepy after lunch, i had energy. And i didnt have to eat veggies. Ewww.....so this is me saying hi.

I would appreciate all the friends i can get for encouragement.

Chrissy

PS i love the show Doctor Who

Replies

• TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) Feel free to add.
  • DudeistPriest
    DudeistPriest Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I also like all that wibbley wobbley, timey wimey stuff...........
    I wonder if there is a group here for us?
  • jessiwithaneye
    jessiwithaneye Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If there isn't, there should be! So, you guys excited about the 50th anniversary special?
    Feel free to add me, also. :)
    Jess
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Still angry about the new doctor. Hoping it is a big joke.
  • ecyor9
    ecyor9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I myself am a Whovian. I started here last Sept 4, 2013 at 220lbs... thanks to MFP ang my strong desire, I am now 206lbs. :D
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi Chrissy,
    Feel free to add me.
  • Helenca76
    Helenca76 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Dr Who is filmed in my city (Cardiff) and am a fan too :happy:
    Started my weight loss journey seriously in June but have plateaued and need some motivation
    SW: 213 (Feb 2013)
    CW:185

Feel free to add me
  • rahul1987oct
    Options
    welcome and best of luck for your endeavor.
    you have already taken the first step and you know its half the journey , keep it up
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi Chrissy

Welcome to MFP!
    My advice to you is to make friends with vegetables. They will be great allies that will assist you greatly with your health and well being. And feel free to add me.
    kind regards,

Ben