Body Pumpers

Options
Hi,

This is a question for the body pumpers out there. Just wondering how many calories you log as burned after doing a Pump class?
I read on the Les Mills site that you can burn up to 500 cals/ class, but that's gonna vary a bit depending on how much weight we use, right?
I dont need to be super accurate, but it'd be nice to see what other folks log in. Cheers!

Replies

• donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi Ginny,

The amount you burn will be based on a combination of a few factors, your height, weight, gender, fitness, level of exertion, weights etc. I have a HRM and I wear it for Pump.

I'm 5'8 (170cm) and I weigh about 79kg (169lb), I use mid level weights presents - my HRM records between 380 and 425 cal in an hour of Body Pump. Definitely more the heavier I go!!

Donna
  • ginnybrock
    ginnybrock Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks.!
    The more I searched through old posts, the more I see the benefits of using a HRM. will definitely look into getting one for more accurate figures.
  • Jessicamarie760
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I was wondering as well. I have been using the "Aerobics - General" option as far as what I record for calorie burn, since sometimes I use less weight depending on how sore I am from the day before. I'm 5'3 and 119, I usually record 360-380 calories burned in the 60 minute class.