Cant stop feeling fat

Options
Hi friends.
I have been on mfp from a long time. I have lost 12 kgs on mfp and another 4 kgs prior to joining mfp. I still have last 5 kgs to go for reaching my goal weight.
But there is one small problem i am facing offlately. I feel fat all the time. I havent worked out for 2 days and these two days have been pathetic all emotional pressure.

I feel fat. I just am feeling so pathetic. I have lost weight and i want to feel that. I want to feel healthy..

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are feeling fat. You look like you're in decent shape and you're pretty. So cheer up.
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Come on.. Everyone feels fat sometime.. Even the skinniest of women hate something about themselves and feel fat about it.. But remember that you only FEEL fat. You have come such a long way! Dont let 2 days of setback get you down. Tell you what,right after you finish reading my comment,do the most challenging excercise you have and power through it! You will look better, feel better and you wont even remember that you were feeling fat!
    And remember, you have lost 12kg!!! You dont even have half of that left to lose!
    Finally, stop thinking too much about it. I was and still kind of is one of those people who think and overcomplicate weightloss and i know i aint the only one. But i've learnt the hard way to give your body what it needs through right nutrition and excercise and your body will give you what you deserve. It knows whats best for it and you get sustainable weightloss when you learn to trust your body!!
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I think we all feel that way at times. I'm not sure what triggers it, but it is SUCH a pain. The best thing you can do (at least for me) is to get out and try some new hobby. Something you never thought you could do. And when you do it and conquer it (even if it takes a few tries), you'll be able to appreciate where you are and what you've done. It may even help you to find new motivation! You could try a new sport, a new exercise class... anything! Just don't beat yourself up over it. It's normal to go through ups and downs with lifestyle changes. Just know it will pass and you can keep moving forward.
  • Rmazula
    Rmazula Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Been feeling this way recently too. i lost 15 pds and for some reason my confidence is not where it should be. Not sure where this comes from. I know I'm not. Think women focus too much on numbers and should cut themselves more slack. I Agree with jewlz280 - getting a new routine etc might help. Hope your spirits raise soon :)
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    Are you depressed? From what I've learned being a girl all my life is feeling fat is it's own thing, often related to something else but your real weight (low mood, self-esteem, shame, guilt, etc...) Take a nice long bath & pamper yourself. You look great!! Don't waste another minute of your life feeling down on yourself for no reason.
  • pieee3
    Options
    Thats how I feel when I dont work out but its kind of a good thing, It keeps me going back the gym and in a way motivates me
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you've just discovered the inherent limits of materialism.

If you've always associated bad events or luck in life with being fat, then whenever anything bad happens to you you'll feel fat.

Being slim's not a magic bullet. It doesn't suddenly put your life on track and get you a high paying job.

But it does remove one of the impediments to it.

the other alternative is that your idea of fat has changed, you are comparing yourself with slimmer and slimmer girls. I think you need to nip that in the bud. :)
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't think that losing more weight will solve that problem unfortunately. I'm only 116lbs and I still feel fat all of the time. It has to do with our self esteem; we have to learn to love ourselves at any weight.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Being slim's not a magic bullet. It doesn't suddenly put your life on track and get you a high paying job.

I like this.
  • gpollis
    gpollis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was 211 pnds and felt fat, now i am 154 and still feel fat.
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    It is a cultural thing.. just imagine another place, another time, another world, someone somewhere might be saying I feel SO skinny! I am so sick of feeling sooo skinny! That would be a world where meat on your bones is revered:)

Try not to feel that way, you look terrific.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    i think you mean PHAT Pretty Hot And Tempting :)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Most people have days when they're not feeling as perky as other days. It's usually related to hormones. Chances are you'll feel much better in a few days. If you don't feel like working out take a gentle walk. Getting some fresh air can do the world of good.

You've lost 12kg, that's great! Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    U don't look fat... Cheer up, you've come a long way!
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I am around my goal but I feel fatter then when I WAS fat. I think its because my fat parts are more isolated/noticable now (ie lower belly podge, thunder thighs), as when I was fat I was round all over.
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    We've all been here...then I remember that being thinner and starving never did much for my quality of life.
    As an earlier poster alluded to, unless your weight has a direct impact on your career/income levels a few pounds don't mean much. You have lost a lot of weight and are well on your way to your goal. Don't forget where you came from...
    The mirror (and our minds) play tricks on us all the time and we live in a society designed to make us feel worthless so we can spend more hard earned cash on worthless tat chasing an unobtainable ideal.
    Some days I feel fat because I ate 1000kcal above my goal - did I suddenly expand in size? No. Some days I feel fat because I couldn't make the gym, or because it's my period and I'm retaining sodium and water.
    Sometimes we just need to remember that we are fearfully and wonderfully made and leave it at that.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    This is my Achilles Heal. I am 5'9", and currently weigh 159 lbs. at 47, and living in the deep south, I know I am in better shape than 95% of the people I work with, and see on a regular basis. I have a medium build, and know I am in good shape. At the end of May 2013, I purchased a suit that fit. It was not something I wanted to buy and work my way into, I bought it to fit me. 35"W by 30"L. I purchased a few pairs of jeans last week, and had to buy in the Boy Dept in order to get a good fit. Some were 29"W and a couple were 28"W. I finally feel comfortable wearing skinny jeans, but still do not have a flat stomach. The Love Handles are pretty much gone. I don't need the 6-Pack, I can look straight down, and see my belt buckle, but still look and feel out of shape. I had started going to the gym and working out to tone up, but cannot do that for 3 weeks due to a pretty sever 2nd degree chemical burn. No sweating for 2 to 3 weeks, and stay out of the sun for 6 months. Just feel bummed and failing although I am so close to my goal weight. Who new that something people use everyday could cause so many problems for me. It was the last thing I felt like I wanted to do in order to complete the package I wanted to present.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    What's worked best for my overall emotional well being....

That little voice we all have in our heads, learn to tune it out!
    We're often our own worst critics, a lot of what we "feel" stems from the nonsense that little voice tells us.
  • rahul1987oct
    Options
    you are very beautiful and your body type is in perfect sync with your overall physique.
    So dont feel bad about yourself.
  • dhuno
    dhuno Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's so complicated- my whole life I was "chunky" even though looking back it wasn't true. But that's all I heard from the age of 7 (freakin' 7 years old!). At least we know what NOT to say/do to youngsters, kinda lol.

I felt fat when I was at a very unhealthy 92 lbs. At some point, you have to get real. Easier said than done.

At this point in my life, I'm trying to be at peace with my weight and focusing on what I want. It's not easy- you have to face and embrace your demons. Right now, I'm happy with my weight, just want to eliminate the "puffy bits" and feel healthy. At this point, it means eating better- fruits, veg, no soda, no alcohol. <sigh> okay.