Running the Disney Marathon-looking for friends

Options
I'm looking for new friends that are running in the 2014 Disney Marathon. I've been running regularly but I still haven't picked a training program officially. I'm looking for advice and input as to what other first time marathoners are using for their program. I've been a runner all my life, but finally running my first marathon.

Replies

• ElsaVonMarmalade
    ElsaVonMarmalade Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Marathon: You Can Do It! by Jeff Galloway. Runner's World also has good training programs.

A small word of warning about Disney: The map makes it look awesome, but there is a LOT of parking lot and boring highway on the course. Very well-run race, but a lot less scenic and a lot less time in the parks than you might expect.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Do you have to dress as Mickey Mouse?
  • acs4162
    acs4162 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to wear some kind of themed outfit for the race. Thanks for the advice about the race. I had heard there was a lot of boring on the course. Anything else I should know about the Disney Marathon?
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Jeff Galloway is the"official" runDisney training consultant, so maybe check out his stuff.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm running the Dopey Challenge in January. The course does have plenty of boring spots but I don't mind them. There are plenty of people around me if I need entertainment I people watch while I run lol
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I have done the Half at Disney 4 times and not to worry, they definitely keep you entertained even in the boring (scenic wise) parts. The race will fly by! Good luck!
  • abern921
    abern921 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm running the Disney Princess Half in February. I've been following Jeff Galloway's plan from the RunDisney website. I'm pretty excited. This will be my first half.
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    The hubby and I are running Disney! We are using the intermediate marathon training plan from MapMyRun.com. It's working so far! Good luck!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I wanted to do the Tinkerbell half in 2014, but it wasn't in the cards. I didn't have enough money to justify it when registration opened. Hopefully 2015 will be the year
  • Just_Sha
    Just_Sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Doing the half in January. Very excited my first half.
  • Chewbacca262
    Options
    I was interested in the Marathon for 2015.

How did everyone do this year?