Insanity & T25

Options
For those who have done both, would you purchase T25 again or just stick with Insanity? Doing insanity now and wondering if T25 is worth buying. TIA.

Replies

• andrewj87
    Options
    I've done Insanity and I'm currently doing T25. To me, T25 takes the same moves from Insanity and tones them down a bit to a level that's easy for beginners. The difference being that since breaks are none existent in T25 for the entire 25 mins, you end up sweating your *kitten* off even more and keeping your heart rate pumping.
    I started doing it just to switch up from Insanity and because it's a lot easier to fit in the short workouts during the week. If that weren't the case, I'd just repeat Insanity. Enjoying it all the same anyhow.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Having finished Insanity in April I have to say T25 feels like a step backwards to me. Don't get me wrong, it's still a quality workout, but I think it would work better as a starter before Insanity than a finisher after if that makes sense.

I guess you could say I find T25 a good workout but it bores me.
  • bridgetgerrity
    bridgetgerrity Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you think that it's better to have the breaks between workouts or going straight through? In my head intervals are better. Gets the heart going and then brings it down. Doesn't that burn more calories?
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    T25 is great for us that need more time for other things....I did p90x and insanity and I love just wasting 30 minutes on a workout and doing other stuff, walking, other strength training when I want too.

T25 Gamma phase ain't not joke.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    T25 is great for us that need more time for other things....I did p90x and insanity and I love just wasting 30 minutes on a workout and doing other stuff, walking, other strength training when I want too.

T25 Gamma phase ain't not joke.

I'm thinking my problem is Alpha Phase. It just feels odd after Insanity. I'm actually contemplating moving on to Beta Phase to see if it's any better for me.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Having finished Insanity in April I have to say T25 feels like a step backwards to me. Don't get me wrong, it's still a quality workout, but I think it would work better as a starter before Insanity than a finisher after if that makes sense.

I guess you could say I find T25 a good workout but it bores me.

Agree 100%.
    I ended up doubling up T25 workouts.