Not Eating Enough

Options
I'm 5'9 and a half 190 Pounds I Was about 225 about a year ago but during the summer I picked up the bad habit of skipping meals now I get to the point where I don't eat for 32 hours straight I barely get hungry and I do only at night my sleeping is also way off. Because of this I stopped losing weight and even gained a little. So far the scale has been stuck for a month any Help on how to get in my calories or any tips

Replies

• sigber23
    Options
    Well I know a person also that eats only at late hours.
    Hmmm she mostly don't eat for a lot of hours, I don't think that is healthy, I think your metabolism is in trouble.
    Of course you can't force yourself to eat, but you should try not to starve your stumic.
    Try eating every couple of hours small position of food. (Like fruits and low fat food)
    I do it and I feel light all day, and I can eat all of my day calories.
    I hope I helped and good luck
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

It's a good idea to try to hit your calorie goal each 24-hour period. I think maybe you're mixing up 'not eating enough' with 'not eating regularly'. If you were eating less calories than you needed you'd definitely be losing weight.

It sounds like you might have something going on in your life that's unsettled you that might have disturbed your normal habits? It might be an idea to see your doctor if you still can't sleep in a couple of weeks.

All the best :flowerforyou:
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Plenty of things you can snack on even if you are not really hungry. I am dieting but lifting weights, so I go for a high protein yogurt like Chobani, mixed with a teaspoon of honey if I need extra calories, or cottage cheese, a banana or a few nuts are good energy foods that don't take a lot of eating. You could even try a meal replacement shake, or a protein shake. You don't have to sit down to a heavy meal, but you do have to eat. Your body may not need a bucket full of calories, but it still needs nutrients.