riding a push scooter- how to estimate kj burned

Options
My children all own and often ride their push scooters..i usually walk with them but cant keep pace and had often doubled one of their old x large razor scooters with my youngest.Today I bought my own adult dirt scooter and flew about for hours on it with them.
I ride mostly pavement,some hills and tracks.Being a dirt scooter means its higher off the ground so more effort involved with the 'push' and its certainly not one push and long glides.i was puffing as i like the breeze in my hair and a decent pace.I have googled and searched these forums and cant seem to find how to guestimate my kj burned.
Does anyone have an idea what it would be close to in estimating please as though Im doing it for fun and bonding with the kids i go the extra mile so to speak aware its helping with weight loss and id love to figure out how much i burn on these trips.

Replies

• shadowsz
    Options
    bump
  • shadowsz
    Options
    Thought id post this as ive seen others ask similar questions through the search feature also with no/ limited response. Enjoy :)http://www.iksaworld.com/downloads/calorie-poster-ENGLISH-a4.pdf
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I account for cardio in my activity level estimation ("lightly active", "moderately active", etc.) so the calories are already modified accordingly.
    I'd keep your calories the same and continue to ride the scooter. If after a few weeks you are losing weight faster than you'd like, go ahead and bump your calories up.
    I think if you log those calories now, and eat some of them back, you will end up having slower progress than you'd like.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    maybe compare it to skateboarding ?
  • shadowsz
    Options
    Thanks im really very pleased with this whole journey..i ride with my children and absolutely have a blast..wind in the face..hair streaming back along the ocean front is helping not only body but mind and soul very much so..ive lost 4 kilos since starting this..i have gained strength in my arms and legs and feel it in my core..it helps with everything..absolutely could not reccomond this more to mums with kids..buy yourself a dirt scooter and get a higher handlebar put on and you will have a machine strong enough to give the lil ones doubles if they need or fly along yourself and get that heart rate rising and while your doing this your also bonding and spending time with the kids..i pack picnic luch in my back pack and we fly a round for hours then stop for a healthy lunch..i LOVE it :)
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    How does it work your arms? Just curious? I wouldn't say its a huge cal burn but maybe skateboarding??