How many calories did you used to eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• seachelle
    seachelle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That thought scares me and I have no idea. I would eat bags of candy, at least 6 cokes a day amongst other crap! UGH!!!!!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    What a great post! I thought I was better than I really was. I grazed a lot and drank a lot. Probably got 2400 cals a day.
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am not sure caloricly, and I shudder to think, but I did figure out that between baking, cooking, spreading and the likes I was personally consuming 4 lbs of butter a month. OMG! Not my proudest realization.
  • carinalewis
    Options
    OH MY GOD!! AT LEAST 3000 A DAY PROB NEARING 5000 WITH THE LARGE CHEESY BITE PIZZA HUTS TO MYSELF!!1 THE 3 LITRES OF COKE A DAY!! THE WHOLE PACKS OF BISCUITS AS WELL AS 3 DINNERS A NIGHT. MY EATING WAS OUT OF CONTROL!!
  • MsMorningDew
    MsMorningDew Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have no clue....thats the scary part..eek!

Maybe about 3000+ but sometimes I would not eat...which is even worse...or eat only one huge meal a day....
    its cool to have balance
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    at the very least 3000....im surprized im not even fatter!
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I use to eat at least 3000-5000 a day, and once I changed my eating habits and realized that I can get full off fruits and veggies and not McDonalds and Taco Bell. Glad I changed my thinking habits.
  • cnorthern2
    cnorthern2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Easily between 3000 and 5000 calories. ... I was a nigh snack attacker. .. I would everything from cereal to leftovers to fast food and I'm glad to be eating less
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    I hate to even guess - it is unreal how much it must have been. It is not a wonder that I got to where I was.
  • bantamspaul
    bantamspaul Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I would guess at c2500 - it took me a good old time to increase from 170lbs to 185lbs
  • Superhero_Leah
    Options
    I would say an average day was 2500 to 3000...now I usually eat between 1200-1500 (still dropping weight)
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I couldnt answer. I can just say "too many" prolly 2500+
    And majority junk food
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    probably between 2500-5000 a day

now i try to eat at or just below maintenance ( 1700 ), plus i eat back some of my exercise cals
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    ALL THE CALORIES MUAHAHAHAHAH

tumblr_m754neS7qw1ryje8jo1_500.gif!!!!

Sorry .... um maybe 2-3000 now i eat 1500 or so and try not to go over 1800 on a bad day
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I ate about the same as I do now (about 1300-1700 on weekdays, 2000-2500 on weekends). But I had become much too sedentary.
  • KD0BIK
    KD0BIK Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, I really have no idea. But if I had to guess I would say somewhere between 3000 - 4000. I could easily tackle a large pizza all by myself. I feel pretty confident that I'll never return to that lifestyle. I'm focused on reaching my goal (about half way there) and then maintaining.

Jerry

http://10000stepsforlife.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/10000stepsforlife/
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It varied widely.

Biggest days were probably 3000-5000 cal, most days were probably 2000-3000 cal
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    5000-6000
    broken down:

breakfast
    3-4 mcdonald sausage mcmuffins
    2 hashbrowns
    1 liter soda pop

lunch
    2-3 Big Macs
    1 large fry
    20 piece chicken nuggets
    1 liter soda pop

dinner
    1 medium pizza
    1 liter soda pop
  • TheCalorieSMASHER
    TheCalorieSMASHER Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I eat the roughly same amount now that I used to. The difference: I no longer drink 1-2 two liter bottles of soda and I move more. I have cut back on a few things that I realized I was underestimating the calories on (like pasta. I didn't realize I was eating two servings of pasta at a time) but it's mostly the same.