i ate way too much today!!!

Options
i ate good so far this week except today. i ate lots of junk food - cookies, deep fried food, pasta. you name it. i feel absolutely horrible now. i plan to lose weight but i feel horrible since i'm over my daily calorie intake today by 857 calories. i can't go exercise now since it's the end of the day and i can't really do anything now except eat better tomorrow. what happens when you go off track your diet for one day? 857 calories surplus is huge for me considering my daily calorie intake to lose weight is 1200. ahhh i feel so guilty now even though the food tasted so good :frown: :sad:

Replies

• Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It happens to the best of us! Drink some water, cool or warn with lemon. It will soothe your tummy, help digestion and clear the sodium from your system. Relax and plan (not wish---plan) for a better day tomorrow.
  • Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Also, wait a couple of days before weighing. You may be surprised to find you really didn't do much damage! Hills and valleys are part of this journey. The only trick is not to get stuck there. :)
  • sarahmctaggart
    sarahmctaggart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It is completely fine to have the odd bad day every now and then - just remember you are human! :)

Brand new day tomorrow :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    At worst, you probably just maintained for a day - a little slow down won't kill you. Maybe you overate because you have your loss set too aggressively and you're hungry. I don't think you've done any damage in one day. It's the trends over time that matter. :flowerforyou:
  • wingchungym
    Options
    What do you do?...look inside, get out of your head and in touch with your body... Ask 'why did I have that urge' what is your body telling you, are you stressed or fatigued? remember diet and exercise are stress so listen and go easy on yourself this is not a race but a slow walk to a new stronger you, its a new lifestyle. You are allowed to be sad and allowed to be depressed but you're not allowed to stay there :wink:
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    This is what happens to me if I don't eat enough. I'm fine that day, maybe even the next day - but at some point the wheels fall off and I do something really, really silly. You know about the family sized bag of lollies! :p
  • berrydana7
    berrydana7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! i hope i have the strength to not have this downfall again :)
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You just have to not eat anything for the rest of the week ... hmm ... still need that sarcastic smiley :-)

No, for real now, stuff happens, life happens, log it and move on. It's hard - on my birthday I went over by like 1200 calories and that was estimating the cake calories - and I still feel that number will haunt me, but in reality it's not that bad. No really, I knew an obese lady who binged on something like 8 cartons of Ben and Jerrys and drank a bottle of wine on top. Should you eat like this every day or every week? No, but it is a learning curve and I think it gets easier after a while. Hang in there :-)
  • berrydana7
    berrydana7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This is what happens to me if I don't eat enough. I'm fine that day, maybe even the next day - but at some point the wheels fall off and I do something really, really silly. You know about the family sized bag of lollies! :p

i crave lollies now too but i am going to stay away :D
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options

i crave lollies now too but i am going to stay away :D

It wasn't even chocolate. I blew it over a bag of soft jubes. :ohwell:
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    eat light and drink lots of water today... by light i mean veggies, fruit, soup, etc. it'll help ya feel better about yourself in general and help with digesting all the food.
    i have mfp set to 1200 net calories (after exercise) a day, but rather than trying to eat exactly 1200 a day i average 1200 a day for the week... that way if i eat a little extra one day i cut back a little the rest of the week, and work out a little more. if you cut back a little over 100 calories the next six days, or work out that much extra, you didn't 'really' go over after all... works great for those days you are extra hungry or have an event where you know you'll eat more than normal.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    i can't really do anything now except eat better tomorrow.

Look you answered your own issue. Now you have a plan, Work it.
  • tea4rose
    tea4rose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Will 1200 put you into starvation mode? I overeat after I was able to have a few good days of 1200. It sucks. :(
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    I ate 5,000 calories yesterday when I should've eaten more like 1800. Don't feel bad. Drink a lot of water and get back on tomorrow
  • tea4rose
    tea4rose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also did something similar to 5000 yesterday :(
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I eat less the next day, I don't feel guilty about it, and the next time I want to eat something that is perhaps not the healthiest choice, I have it but limit the portion size.
  • Lotus1026
    Options
    please dont beat yourself up! i actually had a slip up day today and feel guilty, but there is always tomorrow and you realized you didnt like how it made you feel so it will help you not to do it again. stay positive!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    i ate good so far this week except today. i ate lots of junk food - cookies, deep fried food, pasta. you name it. i feel absolutely horrible now. i plan to lose weight but i feel horrible since i'm over my daily calorie intake today by 857 calories. i can't go exercise now since it's the end of the day and i can't really do anything now except eat better tomorrow. what happens when you go off track your diet for one day? 857 calories surplus is huge for me considering my daily calorie intake to lose weight is 1200. ahhh i feel so guilty now even though the food tasted so good :frown: :sad:

It's one day. It takes 3500 calories to make you gain a pound. And, here's the most important piece of advice: " i can't go exercise now since it's the end of the day and i can't really do anything now except eat better tomorrow. " :smile:
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    You ate just over 2,000 calories. That's maintenance for most people, and it's probably maintenance for you, too. Don't sweat it too much, and start over tomorrow.