any motorcyclists?

Options

Replies

• djmartin511
    Options
    2008 FLHTCU a.k.a. Electra Glide Ultra Classic. Too cold and foggy to ride today. :-(
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    Options
    I like to ride :wink:
    ....I just don't have a bike right now
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sold my Kawi Vulcan 900 about a year ago, looking at buying a new bike towards spring though. Looking at the Victory Judge or Boardwalk :-)

Judge
    judge-p2.jpg

Boardwalk
    boardwalk-p2.jpg

I vote Judge!!!!!
  • Shannonthompson73
    Options
    I ride a Yamaha Vstar 650. I love that it is short enough for me to flatfoot. Husband has the 1100. He would love to move up to a Victory. We went on the Victory test ride and he fell in love, but can't fund it yet.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have 2 hondas, a 650 Deauville and a cbf600, don't ride as much as I would like though
  • kinmad4it
    kinmad4it Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Honda CBR600F

It does everything and feels so nimble and agile, loves corners and wants to go faster.
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    1995 Vulcan 750. Weather here in Texas has finally gotten tolerable for riding!
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just got a brand new Yamaha FZ6R.. love it! I'm just the passenger though but it's so much fun. We go out for rides all the time, every nice day he rides it to and from work. Such a great money saver too considering he works 45 minutes away from home. Much cheaper to ride the bike rather than take the car.
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I like how your bike looks cafed. What kind of a bike is it? My ex has a KTM990 which was very comfortable for long rides. I am hoping to own a Triumph someday. :happy:
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    2006 ZX6R in my profile pic. Did my first track day Sept. 14. I'm hooked on track riding now.
  • nhouse3417
    Options
    I am a passenger, my husband rides. Profile pictures is me on his Harley Softtail. I will ride soon though!
  • oreyna
    oreyna Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Retired 2007 Harley Dyna Wide Glide...too many close calls with stupid drivers not paying attention to motorcyclists :sad:
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    why do you guys dart in and out of lanes?

willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it's something to do with having to maintain a certain speed to keep your bike upright (i'm crap at science, it's possible), but maybe it's something else. curious minds want to know.

(but really, it is annoying to drive in your vicinity. no car driver wants to kill a motorcyclist because they didn't see them in their blind spot - you are very tiny and fast! also fyi i've been told nurses call your vehicles meat grinders.)

i will never get on a motorcycle, but other than the above it does look romantic and all that.

Way to make a generalization about all motorcyclists. Sure, there are some that fit the stereotype but there is also a very good majority who are very safe when they ride.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I've been riding Harleys since I was 12, and riding my own for 9 years. I have a 2005 Heritage Softail that I use for road trips. I also have a 2000 Heritage Springer that I ride around town. Pix are in my profile (I don't own the '97 Heritage Springer any more) I ought to get some new ones uploaded. I have changed the '05 up quite a bit cosmetically this year with a new paint job and some other touches.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Harley Heritage Softail---Street -- scared of the dirt, and gravel and rain and most other vehicles on the road.

LOL you sound like me!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I drive a BMW Cruiser. 40,000 were made from 1997-2004. xsm5.jpg
  • itsnevrenough
    Options
    Rode Harleys for 10 years. Started out on a Sporty. Had that for a few months, bought a Heritage Springer. That bike got stolen about 3 years later, so I bought a Road King.

Now I ride a GSXR1300.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Yep, I ride a 2009 Kawasaki Concours 14! Fun times!
  • Shannonthompson73
    Options
    Harley Heritage Softail---Street -- scared of the dirt, and gravel and rain and most other vehicles on the road.

LOL you sound like me!

I share your fears! How long have you been riding?
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I have been a passenger for over 8 years on my husband's 2003 Harley Sportster. We did 1500 miles 2-up on it during the week of our honeymoon, it was awesome!

He encouraged me to start riding when I expressed interest. My first bike was a 1984 Honda Hawk CB450T. I then moved up to a 1983 Honda Magna v45 750.

For my birthday 2 years ago, my husband bought me my current bike, Harley Davidson Dyna Defender (Police model)

2ynp1n7.jpg