Does anyone know how many calories you burn whilst Ironing??

Options
I was wondering if anyone knows how many calories you burn whilst ironing?
I totally hate doing it and if i knew how many calories i burned it may be worth me standing there burning the clothes and the fat!!!::laugh:

Replies

• ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    burning the clothes and the fat!!!::laugh:

Hilarious!
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    about 100 cals/hour... depending on how "aggressive" you get with it.
  • maynard46
    maynard46 Posts: 134
    Options
    Check this website out. Its on there!

Now I need to figure out how to iron with the other arm to even it out :laugh:

http://www.livestrong.com/
  • LLP1225
    LLP1225 Posts: 21
    Options
    I totally know what you mean! I throw things back into the dryer all the time trying to get them as wrinkle free as possible so that I don't have to iron. My kids don't even know what an iron is.
  • ismatts
    ismatts Posts: 62
    Options
    I have never worked up much of a sweat ironing. Maybe I am doing it wrong....... :)
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone knows how many calories you burn whilst ironing?
    I totally hate doing it and if i knew how many calories i burned it may be worth me standing there burning the clothes and the fat!!!::laugh:

Ha ha. Good luck with your "pumping iron" workout! :bigsmile:
  • Tammiemoore1982
    Options
    If it really is about 100cal an hour then thats great!!! I've just realised ironing isn't that bad after all!! oh no i ate a caramel biscuit ......that means i better see if the next door neighbour wants her ironing done too!!!:laugh:
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    Makes me wonder if there is something wrong with me....I LOVE ironing my husband's shirts!
  • maynard46
    maynard46 Posts: 134
    Options
    My mom used to love ironing so much she ironed our socks and underwear! :huh: :laugh:
  • copythorne1
    copythorne1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am obviously eccentric as I love ironing whilst watching something on the TV. On one website it quotes 113 calories per hour based on a 37yr old female, 5ft 5, weighing 12 stone. Those who weigh more than this will burn more calories; those who weigh less will burn fewer calories.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    It all depends. Are you super setting ironing whilst folding?