weight loss or not

Options
Hi i have being going to the gym for the past 3 weeks 3 to 4 times a week and eating healthily, i havent lost any weight yet. Am i not doing enough excercise or am i eating too much. Ddo i have to use up all the calorie allowance as its saying i still have 900 left after my tea !!

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    A) Please open your diary

B) It's only been 3 weeks

C) Your body retains water when you change, adjust, add exercise until it adapts

D) How do you measure your caloric burn?

E) How are you measuring what you take in?

F) What is your daily goal?

G) You only have 20lbs to lose. Without knowing height or weight, i'm guessing you're close to your "ideal" weight so it won't come off that fast.
  • lyndsb37
    Options
    i measure my calorie burn from the gym equipment, and i calorie count weighing portions etc make a log of everything i have eaten and drank
  • lyndsb37
    Options
    i am 12.5 stone at the moment and 5ft 7
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I started working out and changing my diet at the same time (eating kinda mostly cleanish, portion control). In my first 3 weeks I gained about 1.5 lb/week. I kept at it and the weight started flying off.

Don't freak out too much about the scale. You move +/- 5lbs of water through your body every day. Your weight at any given moment is more of a timing issue than anything.
  • RGv2
    Options
    What kind of burn is the machine giving you?

What is the caloric goal that MFP gives you? According to your TDEE -20% (I used 1-3 hrs per week of light exercise) you could eat upwards of 1700-1800 calories per day and still lose.

I'm going to guess that one thing going on is you're overestimating calorie burn. I usually cut mine by 50% when I enter it, that's one thing to mess around with.
  • lyndsb37
    Options
    i have only been a member at the gym for 3 weeks so am still learning the equipment but so far i use the spinning bike rowing machine cross trainer and treamill and do a total of no less than 70 mins 3 to 4 times a week, i understand what your saying about the amount of calories burned may be wrong but even so i am not using all my calore intake either so would that not compensate.
  • lyndsb37
    Options
    thankyou for the advice i will keep at it just a little diheartened that nothing happening yet lol
  • RGv2
    Options
    What is your intake though? Is it close to 1700 (TDEE-20%)

Actually now TDEE -20% may actually be closer to 2000 because you state you do 3-5 hrs of exercise per week.
  • lyndsb37
    Options
    so far today i have used almost 1100 calories and will prob have a snack later eg 200
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Give it more time, it's only been 3 weeks...
  • RGv2
    Options
    so far today i have used almost 1100 calories and will prob have a snack later eg 200

So you'll get to 1300 for the day? Do you only take in 1300 on workout days?
  • lyndsb37
    Options
    i dont eat any different if i go to the gym or i dont, i think i am just thick lol:-D
  • RGv2
    Options
    i dont eat any different if i go to the gym or i dont, i think i am just thick lol:-D

So you only eat 1300 calories, go to the gym and burn....let's say 300 off to net 1000?

It has only been 3 weeks, so don't expect much, but you're at almost a 1000 calorie per day deficit those days. You should try upping your cals, on workout days at least.
  • lyndsb37
    Options
    ok will try that thankyou, a bigger snack later:-)