Getting back on track!

Options
Hey,

I've not been on here for a while, but I used the site previously and it really helped me out in my fitness goals.

I want to get back on track as I lost focus after achieving my goals before..

Looking to help people keep motivated and for people to keep me motivated!

:D

Cheers,

Andy

Replies

• ecostes
    Options
    I just logged in looking for support, I am needing motivation on healthy eating! I work out daily but do not eat well and it is finally catching up to me and I am now gaining weight again. I have never used this site fully and really don't know where to start! Any tips would be awesome!

What's your first goal?

Erika
  • 1985Andy
    1985Andy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hey Erika,

Thanks for your reply :)

The best tip I learnt about healthy eating is that if you make it hard on yourself you'll never stick to it! Instead find some healthy foods you enjoy, even if they are a little more unhealthy than some super healthy foods you'll be better off in the long run.

If you get hungry a lot also find some snacks that aren't too bad for you.

Drink lots of water as it can help fill you up.

As for tips for the site what really helped me was building a group of really supportive friends who all look out for each other, praise you for having a good day and motivate you when you have a bad one.

I always kind of felt like I wasn't just letting myself down, but those that had put some time into helping motivate me if I didn't stick to my plan!

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great! :D
  • ecostes
    Options
    Andy,

Thank you for your quick reply! I am really motivated already and am looking forward to this new journey!

Have a great day and STAY motivated yourself!
  • 1985Andy
    Options
    Anymore friendly peeps out there?
  • evanblove
    evanblove Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am an on again/off again MFP user. I am coming off an "off again" period of a few weeks gaining back most of the weight I shed in the previous few months. I am having motivation problems myself and have gotten bored with the foods I eat to stay within my calorie goal. Being the only person in my house trying to eat healthy to lose weight makes it difficult as well.
  • 1985Andy
    Options
    I suffer from the same thing with people around me not eating healthily. It makes it so much harder. The only way I've got around it is to get other people around me to go healthy too. Usually even when they fade away I'm in the zone enough to keep it going!

Good luck, thanks for the add :)
  • Catman50
    Catman50 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Andy,
    Ive only been on here a couple of weeks & I too am trying to get back on track. Get myself back in shape and give my life a bit of a kick start. I'll add you if its ok, maybe share some motivation, tips etc.

I know personally I struggle a bit atm trying to find motivation so more friends on here cant harm any!
  • Amy01Liz
    Amy01Liz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am trying to stay super focused from here on out until October 12th to aim to lose another 5-8lbs...

Why oct 12th? - I AM GETTING MARRIED!! :)

I need all the motivation/support too!

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I've been around before and I've been back for the last month or so. If you guys are socialable and like to give/receive encouragement please feel free to add me :-) I think the social side of this site is what works for me so if you feel the same lets go and do it.
  • Amy01Liz
    Amy01Liz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Also, my END GOAL will require work after Oct 12th! I do not plan on stopping the new "life style" I have choosen :)

Since the beginning of this year Ive lost around 20lbs, and do not plan on gaining that back EVER!
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Right now I am trying to stay motivated. I am 18 pounds away from my goal weight after losing 43! I find myself wanting to go back to the way I used to eat. And I know that will only put me back where I was! smh
  • heatherterp
    Options
    Hi Andy,
    I have been logging every day for nearly 2 years. Sure that seems like a long time, but I would say it has not always been honest logging. Sometimes I just popped on to check on a friend. I am 80 pounds from my goal, and I think this time I will make it. I lost nearly 100 pounds in my first year but in year 2 I gained 1/2 of it back. So here I go again.

I am not a fan of fish, so I loved your suggestion of finding a healthy food I enjoy, but it may not be super healthy. It is healthier than what I was eating.

Best of luck to you. I think we can be good motivation to each other.

Heather
  • RyanDryFly
    RyanDryFly Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey Andy, I’ve been on here for a little over a month now and have found the same thing about developing a group of friends. I actually get a lot of motivation from cheering my friends on. It seems to help me keep a positive attitude throughout the day and strive to work harder. I started out just trying to stick to my calorie goals…now I’ve set a goal to run a half marathon in December. Feel free to add me as a friend. I log in every day and always try to be positive. I’d be honored to be friends with anyone who has the same mindset.
  • 1985Andy
    Options
    Wow! awesome everyone thanks for taking the time to reply. I've accepted the requests I had and sent requests to those of you who replied. I hope you don't mind :)

Feeling pretty motivated by the progress already made by you all and the drive to get to your goals!! Lets go!!! :D
  • dawn72467
    Options
    Andy and other...I have been doing this a little over 2 months now with more success then I have had doing any of the other programs. I have friended some really great people who are in this for the same reasons I am. It has helped finding people who encourage me on a regular basis. I have found that I can eat just about anything that I want as long as I stay within my calorie goal each day, but have also found that I look at how many calories I have and what I am willing to give up or do in order to eat some of the things I really shouldn't be eating in the first place...In the end I usually end up making better selections. For those that are really new to this, I think the most important thing to do is log EVERYTHING! Keep it honest...you are only fooling yourself if you don't. A friend once told me that this isn't a race and he was absolutely right. If we keep at it and make smart choices we will reach our goals. We didn't put this weight on over night and it isn't going to come off over night. Friend me if you want. I am on here just about everyday and love to hear about others being successful. If you are down I will try to encourage you as much as I can, but you must be honest with yourself if you want this to work. Open your diaries and look at others to get ideas of alternative foods and exercises you can do to keep from getting bored. Well good luck everyone and welcome (back)!
  • camppotato
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I was on here quite a lot back at the start of summer but on family holidays and september i got distracted and gained a ton. Im at school which i find makes weight loss hard, because i dont have a great amount of control over what i eat and theres always someones birthday meaning cake etc. I find it soo helpful the social side and i really want to do well this time. Good Luck to everyone!
  • ravegee
    ravegee Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me anyone. I give support
  • Chickyjd
    Chickyjd Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - I'd love some new friends that actually take an active role in supporting me, as I will with you. Don't want any non-supporters (No commenting etc...) Send me a message with request :)
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm here to give support & get support. I have fallen off the band wagon a few times, but each time I manage to get back up and try again.
  • 271lisa
    271lisa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey Andy!

Add me if you would like. I'm new...two weeks in. I love it here. The friends and support are making a big difference. I am a very supportive friend...make lots of comments and post a lot. :)