any motorcyclists?

Options

Replies

• sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Harley Heritage Softail---Street -- scared of the dirt, and gravel and rain and most other vehicles on the road.

LOL you sound like me!

I share your fears! How long have you been riding?

I have been riding for almost 7 years. I started just before we got married. Actually rode my Hawk to my wedding shower! :happy:
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I had a 2008 Ninja 250 but had to sell it. Haven't ridden in years. Maybe when I finish Grad School and paying some bills, I'll get another one.
  • MasterKat
    Options
    I ride a HD 883 Sportster. Love it! :bigsmile:
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It is great to meet other ladies who ride! It is encouraging that you have been riding for quite awhile.I have only had my own bike for 2 years. I love it!
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am a passenger on e 2011 Triumph Rocket III Touring. :happy:
  • yoopergirl
    yoopergirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    great idea
    :tongue:
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Started in the dirt as a teenager on a YZ-175 (yama-ding-ding-ding!). Gave it up shortly after I got married. Started riding again when gas hit $1.46/litre in 2006 (and my F-150 is an XLT which I think stands for Xtra Large Tank). So, I was looking for a commuter bike to get back into riding and found a used Honda Magna which was good for a couple of years but I wanted something more and got a new 2009 Suzuki Boulevard that they were practically giving away, lovin that bike ever since. I still have the Honda as my wife syas she would like to take a safety course and learn to ride.

Harley-Davidson - turning riders into mechanics for 110 years!

<kidding... really... just kidding!>
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    2000 Suzuki DR650 Dual Sport for any weather and any surface.

2002 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 C for around town and daily commute to work.

2008 Harley Davidson Road King Classic for the open road and with the wife.
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    why do you guys dart in and out of lanes?

willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it's something to do with having to maintain a certain speed to keep your bike upright (i'm crap at science, it's possible), but maybe it's something else. curious minds want to know.

(but really, it is annoying to drive in your vicinity. no car driver wants to kill a motorcyclist because they didn't see them in their blind spot - you are very tiny and fast! also fyi i've been told nurses call your vehicles meat grinders.)

i will never get on a motorcycle, but other than the above it does look romantic and all that.

While we're at it...all men are pigs! Oh...another generalization. Think before typing. You know this is not true. They don't all do that. And yes...riding a motorcycle is fun and romantic. I like how close I am to my hubby when we ride.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    :heart: Rider on our Can Am Spyder :heart:

:heart: It's the reason I agreed to date #1 - we are getting married in 16 days :heart:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    why do you guys dart in and out of lanes?

willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it's something to do with having to maintain a certain speed to keep your bike upright (i'm crap at science, it's possible), but maybe it's something else. curious minds want to know.

(but really, it is annoying to drive in your vicinity. no car driver wants to kill a motorcyclist because they didn't see them in their blind spot - you are very tiny and fast! also fyi i've been told nurses call your vehicles meat grinders.)

i will never get on a motorcycle, but other than the above it does look romantic and all that.

So...to answer the OP's question, NO you do not ride. Thanks so much for your comments however. All us idiot riders will be sure to zip in and around your vehicle & drive only in your blindspot.

OP: My hubby has a 2011 Dyna Wide Glide. I ride on the back...for now. The deal is when my Subaru is paid off, I get MY Harley. I CANNOT WAIT.

ETA: My DH was almost killed when some jack@ss pulled out in front of him in her car. Probably on her phone. I do not worry about his driving, it is the morons on four wheels that concern me. Pay attention and get off the d@mn phone and DRIVE. :mad:
  • browntracy72
    browntracy72 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I ride a 883 iron flat black Harley, but with my back being hurt for the past month I have not rode much.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    There's a group for that: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1917-lookin-bad-on-my-bike

:laugh:

I currently ride a Yamaha FZ6R (Pictured in my ticker) after years of riding cruisers.

I also have a Kawasaki Vulcan 750 that I am in the process of rebuilding. My first BIG trip was on the Vulcan (http://ctoons124.blogspot.com/)

My husband rides a Versys.

Lately, I've been riding the bicycle more than the motorcycle!
  • Bigmitch41
    Bigmitch41 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I race short circuit and the roads, Southern 100 and the Isle of Man Manx Grand Prix for the roads and circuits like Oulton Park and Cadwell for the shorts. My current bikes are YZF-R6 and my Supertwin SV-650, my only dirt riding being pedal power on my Mountain Bike.

Been ridiing most of my life and cant imagine life without it!
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Currently into vintage bikes, but love ALL motorcycles. My current ride is a 1981 KZ550. She's a temperamental B!TCH, but I love her! Let's RIDE!

dbe2ce0e-5f92-442a-9969-56767ca28c60.jpg
  • thegabbleduck
    thegabbleduck Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm on a teeny tiny Yamaha SR125 right now
    but I am in the process of reconditioning a Yamaha virago 535 :love:
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This is a great post, even if totally fitness unrelated - unless we focus on calories burned while riding, which seems like a much more legitimate theme ;)

I am still on my Yamaha YBR 125 as I have only complated my A full licence last week... Cannot wait for some money to be available for a *real* bike! Thinking yellow SV650... Any ideas or suggestions?
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    This is a great post, even if totally fitness unrelated - unless we focus on calories burned while riding, which seems like a much more legitimate theme ;)

I am still on my Yamaha YBR 125 as I have only complated my A full licence last week... Cannot wait for some money to be available for a *real* bike! Thinking yellow SV650... Any ideas or suggestions?
    I always log my riding......I know it's just an estimate, and can vary depending on the type of riding of course (lots of twisties, windy, of course Moto-x, etc) But I have done a good bit of research and on average have found you burn about 4 cal per minute fo general, average riding. Once I get my HRM, I may have to do some of my own "testing".....haha!
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    I have 5 bikes at present. My daily rider is a CVO Road Glide Harley. Two Honda dirt bikes, one classic Suzuki GT 750, and a classic BSA Victor 441. Love all bikes!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

I always log my riding......I know it's just an estimate, and can vary depending on the type of riding of course (lots of twisties, windy, of course Moto-x, etc) But I have done a good bit of research and on average have found you burn about 4 cal per minute fo general, average riding. Once I get my HRM, I may have to do some of my own "testing".....haha!

wait-what.gif