Water Bottle links to computer!

Options
Awesome new water bottle!!! You link it to your computer and it tells you how much water you drink, how much water you still need, you can set goals, etc. Super COOL!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/blufit-bottle/x/4663823

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    That's actually pretty wicked, if they were cheaper I'd probably get one. $59 is quite a lot for a drink bottle.
  • viper707
    Options
    Looks like you can get one for $49 if your one of the first 100 people.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Looks like you can get one for $49 if your one of the first 100 people.

I stand corrected, sorry! Still too steep for me, but a cool idea nevertheless.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Great gizmo, but alas I'll also be staying old school & filling up my 2lt bottle for work.
  • exmsde
    exmsde Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to fund a Mouth-To-Computer product. No need to record what you eat, it analyzes everything you put in your mouth and sends the results directly to MFP.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    What a cute idea, a bit pricey for me. I drink what an insane amount of water a day, I don't know if I want an app to tell me that too lol.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Seems a bit expensive when all you need to do is monitor the color of your urine. If it's dark, drink more water. Light, you're good.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    the "tool to make sure you're hydrated" as they say in the video would be a blood or urine concentration analyser, not a bottle that measures only one part of your intake of water substance. Hopefully it won't see the light of day and reinforce the hydration myth.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    That's actually pretty wicked, if they were cheaper I'd probably get one. $59 is quite a lot for a drink bottle.

Ya this
    '
    Its awesome but how hard can it be to calculate 1 bottle of water a time as you finish it

Pointless in my opinion
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to fund a Mouth-To-Computer product. No need to record what you eat, it analyzes everything you put in your mouth and sends the results directly to MFP.

One day technology will allow for this to happen ;)
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I don't see any neural interface? No body sensors?

From what I've seen the studies that show terrible outcomes from being thirsty all the time are generally sponsored by expensive sugar-water marketing companies.

Other studies have suggest that if you just drink when you're thirsty, you'll do just fine.

Many many thousands of years of evolution seem to have done an ok job in telling us when we need hydration :).
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Wow someones invented a product that no one actually needs.
  • rainbow_Moonbeam
    Options
    I don't see any neural interface? No body sensors?

From what I've seen the studies that show terrible outcomes from being thirsty all the time are generally sponsored by expensive sugar-water marketing companies.

Other studies have suggest that if you just drink when you're thirsty, you'll do just fine.

Many many thousands of years of evolution seem to have done an ok job in telling us when we need hydration :).

Evolution seems to have forgotten me... I drink when I'm thirsty, which at times is only once a day. I mean to drink more, I just forget!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I think I have been doing just fine without it.
    As far as I am concerned - there are far more important things to spend my money on than a glorified water bottle.
    But thank you anyway.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Cool idea.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Evolution seems to have forgotten me... I drink when I'm thirsty, which at times is only once a day. I mean to drink more, I just forget!
    Do you need to drink more than that?

Why do you think so, if that's the case?

I've looked in to it a fair bit and the vast majority of the '8 cups of water a day' stuff is based on very old/disproven research/taken out of context.
  • Liss1
    Liss1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Lol..... isn't that the same as we should not need someone to tell us when we are hungry/satisfied with food. Do we NEED MFP