HOW???!!!!!!! Frustrating!!!!

Options
Hi Everyone,

Im new here, have started my calorie counting a couple of weeks ago.
I have a questions, how do you deal with the patient needed to loose so much weight?

I dont have the patients, I just wanna give up sometimes, especially when i look in the mirror and my arms are still FAT.
I know its not gained in a day, but jeesz it takes forever to see some results. How will i ever see results?

And dont get me started about the scales, they have theyre strange way of working.
When is it waterweight and when is it actually fat, when the stupid scale has a different number everyday. hmm maybe i should check my scale..... My upper body does not go down!!!
Whats up with that? I feel and see my legs getting thin. But nothing else.

From monday till friday its great doing this calorie thing, but when the weekend is there.
Its like food party, no control at all!!! And when i ate too much, and feel guilty i vommit my food. I know very very very bad.

Im 5.1, and weigh 160.8lbs. Single mom of a 3 year old, no gym. Just trying to do walking and as much moving as possible.
SO yesssss im very frustrated.

Any advise? Please help. Im losing control.

Replies

• marjoria_14
    Options
    I send you lots of love and stranght girl! Hang in there. It will be hard, very hard. But nothing good comes without hard work. I know how you feel. My belly fat is not comming down, but my legs are getting lean. There will be times when food just teases you, and you want to eat it. One thing that really has been helping me is yoga, and lots of exercizing. I know it's hard being a mom, but try to always keep busy. Once the results start showing it will become adicting! Best of luck, and keep blogging! We got your back here! ♥ xoxo:smile:
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I'm very worried about you and I think you should see a counselor if you feel the need to vomit your food.
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and started at 204 in February....when you are ready to lose it you will first start logging everything you eat honestly AND you will walk, walk, and walk some more. You will find you WANT to walk and as a mom of two girls I found the walking (and eventually running) helped me think out my stress and later relieve my stress. You will decide that eating right and being within your calorie range is more important to you than messing up a great week with a night of crappy eating. It's not a chore to do this stuff....it's something you'll WANT to do. You will see the scales moving in the right direction because you are eating right and moving. You can do this.....just decide you want to! There is a ton of support here when you are ready and everyone will cheer you on!
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I can absolutely relate to your impatience. But it happens slowly because it has to. It will happen, you will see results. You have to give it time. It took me 6 weeks to notice a small difference. But look at it this way, if you stick to it, you'll see results sooner than if you give up and come back to it later.
    Also, please consider speaking to someone about the purging. Best of luck to you!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because your not enjoying the foods you eat Monday through Friday. If you eat the foods you love all week it helps. For instance if your love chocolate have some within moderation. I always tell myself I can have more of that tomorrow. When you deprive your favorite foods you will crave them. On the weekends I try to go to resturants where I know I can stick to my calories as I know what I can have at those places. On occaion I have a cheat day and eat what I want but I always make sure I get right back on track the next day. Try to look at this as a lifestyle change how you would like to eat the rest of your life. It's much easier when you enjoy your food :}
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    im concerned about you actually throwing up. and you said yourself weekends are food parties. so what do you expect girl? you gotta stay stong consistently.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    A lot of us let go a bit at the weekend, don't beat yourself up about it and definitely don't make yourself sick, that could lead to much bigger problems. Try and be as good as you can at the weekend but if you go over it's not a big deal and once you get your head round that you won't go so mad at the weekend. I know as I find it harder at the weekend too.

Don't think about the end result as that seems to far away and you will get impatient. Split it into smaller goals you can achieve more quickly and hopefully that should keep you motivated. And everytime you reach a goal you could give yourself a wee treat of some sort to congratulate yourself. Before you know it you will be where you want to be. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm very worried about you and I think you should see a counselor if you feel the need to vomit your food.

^^^ this
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No control when eating and vomiting after are typical behavior for someone with an eating disorder. Get this under control before you pass these negative behaviors on to your child.

Just eat right and exercise. Stop looking for a quick fix to a long term problem. There isn't one. You will only create more problems.
  • Krista916
    Options

^^^this!

It won't happen over night or even in a month. I've been at it since Jan and I'm down 27lbs. You need to do it the right way. Stick to your calories and exercise...that's it. No magic pill, no over night success. If you are completely 100% honest about everything you are putting in your mouth and 100% honest about your work outs, you will lose. You just have to give it time. If you stick to it and don't give up, IT WILL WORK!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Seek help on the binge and purge aspect if you do it all the time.

Perhaps a set of weights for arm exercises will help diminish some of the arm problem. I walked with weights when starting out, they were 1.5 pounders. Good arm swings while walking did wonders for me.

The other thing is try to keep "junk" food out of the house. Out of sight...Out of mind. Load the fridge with veggies and fruit.
  • laurenvan143
    Options
    I understand your pain COMPLETELY!! I know the feeling of wanting to throw it all away and even throw the scale through a window, but honestly it's not going to make the journey easier or more effective. I bust my butt 5-6 days a week, 2 of them at Boot Camp and the rest doing P90x and running, I track every day except for Sundays and the scale hates me and won't move. But, then again I remind myself, I am not just doing this for the scale numbers; I am doing this for me and my health. The scale will move eventually, but I have to keep consistent and keep pushing myself not only in the workouts, but with eating the right things too. You are not alone in your frustrations, we all have them and venting helps sometimes because we can all support you in your journey. This has to be a forever thing, so be ok with your ups and your downs and you will maneuver better in this journey.
  • princessdartany
    princessdartany Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain it overnight and you won't loose it overnight. Look at it this way...it took you a lifetime to gain it but you can loose it in less than that. Stay off the scale....make up in your mind it is a lifestyle decision and know you can do it! Don't allow the loosing weight to be frustating decide today that "hard work is easy work!"
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Throwing up your food is a symptom of bulimia as well as a sign of much deeper-seated issues with food. You need help. Seriously. Get help.
  • elmanre
    Options
    If you never excercise or try to go on a diet, you will be waiting forever... at least I prefer slow than never
  • ange290981
    Options
    Thank you all, im trying to do the right thing, even when its extremely hard.:flowerforyou: