Mid 40s & trying to lose the last stubborn 15 Anyone else?

Options
Hi,

Not new to MFP. I lost over 100 pounds my first year on MFP. No surgery, no special diets, just the "old fashioned" way. I'm now stalled big time on these last 10 to 15 pounds. I remember when I first started this journey and I would hear someone talk about how hard it was to lose 10 pounds and I'm sure I rolled my eyes at their comments. Now that I'm in their shoes, it's the hardest weight to lose.

Anyone else in the same boat as me and want to have a supportive friend on the journey?

Replies

• ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    Great job!! I can't wait to be working on my last 15!
  • greengolfkid
    greengolfkid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    great job, 50 to go starting today so I don't have anything for you other than encouragement.

In the past I have found a plateau is regularly reached while the body adjusts but you already know that. If your exercising then apparently a change of routine with the exercise helps.

Voicing this stuff reinforces my resolve this time so I hope you don't mind.

Good luck with the last 15.
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    congrats on your success so far and I"M RIGHT THERE WITH YA :) I'm down to my last 11 lbs til goal and it's slowing down and harder to lose. Just posted a topic TODAY about trying to be happy with a .2 pound weight loss when 7 or 8 used to be the average. We can do this but it would be awfully nice to have others around with similar struggles rather than those in the begging of their journey losing great amounts of weight :) I swear it's not personal but sometimes you need people/support from others exactly where you are right now, ya know? Best of luck to us all in the "home stretch" :drinker:

BTW.....you look great so you must be sooo proud! You go girl!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Wow great loss there!

I am 40 and trying to lose just under (now) 20lb. It is coming off pretty slowly.

What's that adage...slow and steady wins the race. It's just soooo tough having to be patient.

Hope it starts melting away for you soon.
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    I'm with you - lost 70 lbs the first year, but gained 20 back in the 18-24 month time frame, lost 10 this year. I was only 8lbs away from goal the first time - so if I do the math, I have the last 18 to go! (I'm an overachiever so I've set my goal to lose lose 25 lbs before the spring of 2014).

After I had reached most of my health/fitness goals - the scale just wasn't enough motivation for me anymore and I got a little lazy with food (never really changed the exercise program since I'm addicted to physical activity now, still gained weight - the mid-forties female hormone BS really sucks!).

So to get motivated - I joined a Tri group in town and plan to do my first Sprint Triathalon next year. Nobody looks good in a wet suit with a paunch - and it makes my bike pants look ridiculous too! - so that's what I'm working on. When I train hard for something, and track all my exercise - I stay on track by logging food too. Hope you find something that motivates you too and good luck!
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    a 100 lbs is a lot, congrats!!!! That is awesome :smile:
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
  • Sondicalondi
    Sondicalondi Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have 9 to go and never have lost it in 20 years! At 5'3" that is a hard thing to do. Always hover around it and then go up. The community here is really helping me stay motivated. You can do it! FR coming to you!
  • terrellgarrett1
    Options
    I'm just starting I've lost 8 lbs... don't give up, it'll start again unless it is your normal body's weight...good luck!!