burned calories

Options
hi I stick to my calorie goal each day and also burn off an average of 500 calories a day at the gym ,what do I do with these extra calories do I eat them or save them.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Whatever makes you happy. Opinions vary widely on that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Look up the word GOAL in the dictionary and then you tell me...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    hi I stick to my calorie goal each day and also burn off an average of 500 calories a day at the gym ,what do I do with these extra calories do I eat them or save them.

If you are using MFP as designed you eat them back. This is because the calorie deficit was built in with ZERO exercise. When the calorie deficit is too large ....you lose muscle+fat. When the calorie deficit is lower (and you're working out) ...you lose fat.

Caution - if you are using MFP "guesstimates" (many cardio machines ... same thing) .... your calorie burns may be over stated. Start by eating .... say 60% .... after awhile if you are not losing (eat less) ....if you are tired and losing quicker than expected (eat more).
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Whatever you feel like my dear. :)
  • rahul1987oct
    Options
    Dont think too much just enter your exercise and food intake in to the diary.
    once you enter the exercise the goal also moves up ward eat with in 10% range of the goal calorie.
    Dont count the exercise calorie separately it will confuse you.
    best of luck
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    If you are using MFP as designed you eat them back. This is because the calorie deficit was built in with ZERO exercise. When the calorie deficit is too large ....you lose muscle+fat. When the calorie deficit is lower (and you're working out) ...you lose fat.

That's not correct. The calorie deficit calculated by MFP is based on whatever activity level was input by the user. If the exercise in question was already accounted for in setting the activity level, you do NOT eat those calories back.

It really depends on how the OP set up their MFP.
  • lyndsb37
    Options
    LOL
  • meg192327
    meg192327 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    So, what if I meet my daily calorie intake, and my exercise goal, but work slightly over my exercise goal, does the same thing apply? Is this the same thing we're talking about or am I talking about something different. Confusing myself now.