42lbs gone - Half way there!!! (pic)

Options
"Never give up - you will get there but it will take blood, sweat, tears and time!"

So I'm at my half way point in my weight loss journey. Let me just begin with - sorry about the flash! It's been trying, exhausting, exciting and rewarding thus far. I'm so excited to be where I am but I'm not planning on being here for long. It's been almost 6 weeks since I started lifting and to be honest I really didn't start seeing big changes in my body until I started lifting. Last night I was able to press 230lbs on the leg press, to put that into perspective - I was able to press one of my weight 2 months ago! When we started lifting I was only able to push 70 and only a few couple times. So to warm up at 190lbs last night was a huge accomplishment for me!
I do want to just say how proud I am for my sister Amber for sticking with it and dealing with my drill sergeant attitude when we work out - I asked her what her limits were on Tuesday and her response was "What ever you tell me they are" I couldn't help but laugh but I told her she had to find her limits and the start to push them b/c I cant push them for her, even though I do try!

The photo shows me 10lbs less my highest weight and my current.

As always feel free to add me!!

5e8f7a66-e228-42f7-84f9-d866f736bb3b_zps2fb33db3.jpg

Replies

• happyindian
    happyindian Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    awesome job....U inspire me..
    I know wht it takes to lose weight. U have to give ur 100% but it sure is worth it.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    congrats on your loss you look GREAT!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    "Never give up - you will get there but it will take blood, sweat, tears and time!"

So I'm at my half way point in my weight loss journey. Let me just begin with - sorry about the flash! It's been trying, exhausting, exciting and rewarding thus far. I'm so excited to be where I am but I'm not planning on being here for long. It's been almost 6 weeks since I started lifting and to be honest I really didn't start seeing big changes in my body until I started lifting. Last night I was able to press 230lbs on the leg press, to put that into perspective - I was able to press one of my weight 2 months ago! When we started lifting I was only able to push 70 and only a few couple times. So to warm up at 190lbs last night was a huge accomplishment for me!
    I do want to just say how proud I am for my sister Amber for sticking with it and dealing with my drill sergeant attitude when we work out - I asked her what her limits were on Tuesday and her response was "What ever you tell me they are" I couldn't help but laugh but I told her she had to find her limits and the start to push them b/c I cant push them for her, even though I do try!

The photo shows me 10lbs less my highest weight and my current.

5e8f7a66-e228-42f7-84f9-d866f736bb3b_zps2fb33db3.jpg

Wow great results, that side by side really shows how much smaller you are getting. Good for you. :flowerforyou:
  • JeanSoCal
    JeanSoCal Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You look terrific! What a great attitude. Going to give it another go here, and re-lose those regained pounds I lost last year. :happy:
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Look at you! Great work!!
  • rsemsem
    Options
    good job! :D
  • BadassCrossfitMama
    Options
    You look terrific! What a great attitude. Going to give it another go here, and re-lose those regained pounds I lost last year. :happy:

Thank you - you got this - once you make up your mind to change there is nothing that tastes as sweet as keeping that promise to yourself!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Great progress so far, good for you and you are right Never Give up! Slow and Steady wins at life long change! :)
  • Andirae48
    Andirae48 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are ROCKING this girl! You look FAN-tassss-TIC!!!
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Amazing difference. Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • meadowsmummy
    Options
    That is awesome results looks like way more then 42 lbs. can i be your sister and you can help me train lol
    Sending you a friend request.
  • BadassCrossfitMama
    Options
    That is awesome results looks like way more then 42 lbs. can i be your sister and you can help me train lol
    Sending you a friend request.

why of course you can!!!
  • csaintes
    csaintes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!!!!! Good job keeping everyone inspired!:flowerforyou:
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Behind those pounds burned was a lot of dedication, I know! You look really good, and your journey's not even started lol. All the best :D
  • This progress is excellent.. It's almost impossible to not use a bad word..

F---ing amazing... There that works.
  • someday150
    Options
    Way to go! Looks like our total goal is about the same. Glad to see someone half way there.
  • SierraZulu
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!