Deactivated Accounts?

Options
A_nonymous2
A_nonymous2 Posts: 366 Member
Hi! I am relatively new to the MFP message boards, but have been on MFP for a LONG time...I have recently been getting new friend requests and PMs. I really use MFP to track my food and exercise and to motivate myself and others. I read these message boards for light entertainment.

I find that there are a lot of "deactivated accounts' from users. Who are these people and what happens to them?

Replies

• RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    They respawn to troll again.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    They respawn to troll again.

either that are they are not strong enough to survive MFP. Though some of these people just "report" and don't deactivate/leave like they should.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am relatively new to the MFP message boards, but have been on MFP for a LONG time...I have recently been getting new friend requests and PMs. I really use MFP to track my food and exercise and to motivate myself and others. I read these message boards for light entertainment.

I find that there are a lot of "deactivated accounts' from users. Who are these people and what happens to them?

I have de-activated a prior account on here. Reason: was getting too many harassing PMs. Most folks do it for a reason that they feel is important to them, whether it is to protect their privacy or to protect themselves because they were harassing someone else. Some create an account to troll the forums and then delete the account afterwards.

Hope this shedded some light on the subject.

Just one old man's opinion.....
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    ebola.

there is an epidemic of it on this site.

RIP dearly departed account holders. :(
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    ebola.

there is an epidemic of it on this site.

RIP dearly departed account holders. :(

Ebola? Really and here thought it was flesh eating bacteria.... Damn
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I've had 4 MFP buds deactivate in the past month. Two of them texted me saying they were getting stalked to the point where the PM's were stating where they live an such. Its a shame, as they both were awesome people and were extremely popular on this site and were an inspiration to many.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I've had 4 MFP buds deactivate in the past month. Two of them texted me saying they were getting stalked to the point where the PM's were stating where they live an such. Its a shame, as they both were awesome people and were extremely popular on this site and were an inspiration to many.

This post just reminded me I need to change my profile pic.
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    Outcast's .. they were voted off thee island
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I had a guy harass me, I reported him, then he deactivated.
    I think there are various reasons people deactivate. After
    being harassed it crosses ones mind to do it but it is counter
    productive to do so ..
  • tammys_changing
    Options

Had this same exact problem. I did some cross research, and stalked back. Problem solved :)..I hope.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

Had this same exact problem. I did some cross research, and stalked back. Problem solved :)..I hope.

^ that's my kind of crazy right there
  • Axioml
    Options
    Great pic
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that quite a bit of the users here have mental problems in addition to the health issues they face.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that quite a bit of the users here have mental problems in addition to the health issues they face.

qft
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Great pic

I see you have a new, still active friend.

Congratulations.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    ever see Tron??? it's like that.....bits and pieces of their information are absorbed by CLU and Master Control
    tumblr_mpoubkdo5y1qi3rldo5_250.gif \m/
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I tried to quit MFP once but I just can't stay away.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Truth.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

yep
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    bored with it all, rage quits, lost in the woods, creeper harassment, IP ban, tired of dieting, kidnappings, corporate IT policy changes, death, extradition, prison time, lost at sea, goals met and moving on, mental health facilities, job demands, SO sick of the time sink . . .