Miracle Noodles

Options
Has anyone tried this pasta and if so how do you like it?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    :sick: Gross. I'm not a fan.
  • raelo88
    raelo88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried those, but have tried these black bean noodles - I think the brand is "explore Asian." They are delicious and low in carbs, which is why I get them (5 net carbs per serving).
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Mr Noodles ... are the magical noodle. Yum Yum
  • winokungfu
    Options
    I really enjoy them, usually simmer in some low sodium chicken broth for flavor and then dry fry them to get the right mouth feel.
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love zero noodles because of what they are made from. Glucomannan is really just insoluble fibre, so it works well for carrying the main part of the meal, which is the sauce and the vegetables for me :)

edit: zero noodles and miracle noodles are the same sort of thing btw XD

and as always, someone will say what's wrong with real carbs. But I have no need to eat a ton in the evening. especially not carbs. I still have a ton of energy to work out 7 days a week with cardio and weights.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    key to these noodles is to dry fry them. Drain, rinse VERY thoroughly and put in a skillet on high and keep moving them around for about 5-8 minutes then use however you like, I always recommend with some kind of sauce though.
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy them, usually simmer in some low sodium chicken broth for flavor and then dry fry them to get the right mouth feel.

Thanks for this! I like the fettuccini style and the "rice" style. The angel hair seems to clump together on me. BUT I have never dry fried mine! Gonna have some tonight!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    For 20 calories a bag (I get the ones with tofu added for a little firmer texture) they're decent. I've found that they're best in Asian dishes rather than Italian-type pasta recipes.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Tried them once, dry fry etc. was like chewing elastic bands.
    Which was too bad because I really wanted to like them.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    What are brand names? Also,where to find the black bean noodles?
  • raelo88
    raelo88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I found the black bean noodles at a health food store, but have also seen them in Harris teeter. You can probably find them in other grocery stores as well.
  • sarahford09
    sarahford09 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    They work well in Thai curry, as they soak up the yummy sauce. I couldn't imagine eating them with anything else though, and definitely not on their own!!