Mini Stepper

Options
Hi,
As I am a humble poor student I can't really afford gym and I would love to run but it's getting too cold here and I am easily ill. So I thought I could get a mini stepper, because it's small and kinda cheap. Now I need your opinions on this, is it worth it? Is it any good? Do you have some experience with this?

Thank you for help guys,
take care :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Any thing is good, but the cheapest form of excerise is just go for a walk.
  • Joeysgirl
    Options
    I think you are probably better off finding an inexpensive exercise DVD to do. It will be less boring, take up less space, and give you a more full body workout. I love all the beachbody programs, (if you have questions, message me), but they can be expensive. There are a ton of inexpensive workouts you can buy from Target, etc. Jillian Michaels puts out some good ones. Or if you have Netflix, you can instantly stream some exercise DVDs on there.
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i seocnd the dvd idea!
  • Adusenka
    Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yeah it is probably better, thank you! :heart: :smile:
  • tummer
    tummer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I looked at it, and it's like one I use to have. I LOVED mine. However; if you are wanting to stay in shape cheaply. Try getting a Hula hoop, jump rope, or just jog in place. You will be supr. at what kind of work it takes to do a hula hoop if you haven't done that in ages. My cousin and I kinda had a contest the other night and after about 5 min's we were both like WOW. Sweating and everything!!! Another thing you can get the step like you would get in arobcs. and that way you can change the hight of it.
    Good luck!
  • lizzygrl1981
    Options
    I own one, and you do get a leg workout on it, but for the price etc I would definitely say just dvd's are a much better way to go!!
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    ...but if you don't own any gym equipment at all right now, keep in mind that you'll probably need a set of weights for some of these videos, like the 30 day shred. Jillian Michael's "Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism" doesn't require weights, and there are others out there like it. If you read the reviews and comments on Amazon, you'll get a pretty good idea of what you need and how challenging these workouts are. Also, if you have netflix, there are some excercise DVDs available for free on streaming, or you can order them by mail.
  • Adusenka
    Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    yay, thank you all! :smile:

And I looooove the hula hoop idea!!!! :laugh: that's just awesome :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wanted to throw this idea in - did this myself last week...

Tape together a couple of phone books you can make your own stepper. It'll replicate climbing stairs a lot better than a mini-stepper IMO - I have a stepper and find it's not really a good workout.

You can get Step Aerobic info/ideas on YouTube.