From Bedridden at 490lbs to 5k runs at 295lbs.

Options
13»

Replies

• BridgetMoans
    Options
    You Did It !!!!
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. Just wanted to share my story. Yeah, it's kind of a success story but the story just begun! Last New Years Eve 2012, I was rushed to the hospital couldn't walk or even crawl. It turned out that I have 5 herniated discs and bones spurs pinching and poking my nerves. I was in the hospital for a total of 5 weeks. Fought back and forth between the surgeons who wanted to do surgery and my family doctor who refused. I asked my doctor what do I need to do because I was in so much pain. And her simple answer was "LOSE WEIGHT!" I was 490lbs size 68 inch waist. Just then it FINALLy sank in. I need to do something and do something now! When I got out of the hospital in febuary Myfitnesspal was the first tool I used ( and continue to use) I heard so many good things about it. From febuary to september I lost 95lbs. That was great but I still needed help and had the gastric bypass surgery. Since then I lost another 100lbs. I'm at 295lbs, 44 inch waist right now with another 70lbs to go. I have been to the gym almost everyday and come spring I will run my first 5k. I figure why not. If I can do it at the gym I can do it in a race. My energy is through the roof! Along with Myfitnesspal I also bought a Bodymedia Fit Link Armband and they work together to let me know exactly what I am consuming and what I'm burning and to let me know if I'm reaching my goals. I can't for this summer. I have so much planned. Do couple 5k's hike the Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole Wyoming and go Skydiving. Staying active is the key. I got a new lease on life and loving every minute of it.

Wow amazing weight loss!! You look great!! : )
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow amazing story!! im so happy for you!! enjoy every minute of your new found health and energy!!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Awesome and amazing story!
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Great story! You look amazing!
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Great story and congrats on the transformation!!!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look fantastic!! Healthy, happy and full of life!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Wow, how did your original post get so little attention. CONGRATS!!!!
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sir, you have my respect and admiration. Wishes for a long and healthy life.
  • orly99
    orly99 Posts: 8
    Options
    *Applause* Kudos to you!!! Puts me to shame cos I can't even run 5k >.<
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    So the original, amazing post was in January - how are you doing now?????? Inquiring minds wanna know!!!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! :D
  • mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Fantastic accomplishment and still doing so great - you look fantastic, huge congrats :flowerforyou:

@ ALW - he posted an update on page 1 :wink:
  • heatherluuu
    heatherluuu Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Can I get a Whoop! Whoop!??? That's incredible!!!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • pearson114
    pearson114 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Well done!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely fantastic and i bet your insides feeling just as, if not more, awesome than your outside!!!
  • JforChange
    Options
    DUDE!!!! Omg this is amazing!!! Congratulations! and thanks for posting this - very inspiring and motivating!!!

Woot!!

J
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! You look amazing! So glad you are able to enjoy your life now. You are a great inspiration to many othere on MFP . May your day be a great one!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!