Brand new here!

Hi.....I have been through Weight Watchers, journaling what I eat, switched to only fruits and vegetables for two weeks and felt depressed even though I lost weight. I've been trying for 17 years and I would like to be able to look into a mirrorand see ME again. I'm optimistic that MFP is gonna be my Daisy.....:smile:

Replies

• tomhaegdorens
    tomhaegdorens Posts: 36 Member
    I can imagine you felt depressed after 2 weeks of only fruits and vegetables. You can't survive on only fruits and vegetables.

Also when you stop eating the things you love, you start getting depressed. It's important to change your lifestyle, eat healthier, reach your daily calorie goal. But not so drastic. You can always eat the things you love, just try to eat them less often. This way it's easier to keep up with it for a life time. Cause just a few weeks won't let you lose weight on the long run.
  • EdwardNortonFan43
    EdwardNortonFan43 Posts: 150 Member
    Hi.....I have been through Weight Watchers, journaling what I eat, switched to only fruits and vegetables for two weeks and felt depressed even though I lost weight. I've been trying for 17 years and I would like to be able to look into a mirrorand see ME again. I'm optimistic that MFP is gonna be my Daisy.....:smile:

I'm new here too.

I know the frustration of being on a diet and feeling depressed or disappointed. I tried Jenny Craig a couple of years ago, I hated it.
  • KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Welcome! MFP is a great place to achieve you goals. I've tried tons of things in the past and have been most successful here. I do have a completely of profile so feel free to check it out. Getting friends that have had success on here with open diaries will really help you get a good idea on what to do. I sent you a friend request. Anyone feel free to add!
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Hello and welcome! This site has great people and great support. I do agree switching to just fruits and vegetables may be a little too much for most.

Good Luck in your journey and feel free to add me - I am here every day.
  • Hello..... I've tried for the past 10 years to get the weight off by myself with no luck! I was searching online for new ideals when I came across mfp. So I said to myself .......Self and myself said what on your mind today? I replied.... We have tried everything want to try this and myself said what would it hurt to get some support we've tried everything else and maybe just maybe we will learn something and make friends along the way. So here we are!: tongue:
  • I too am new here but in that short time I have found support and encouragement from new friends. Stick around and I believe you can reach and surpass your goals..
    ... Add me if you'd like to ...