Headaches?!

Options
Just wondering if any of you ever had to deal with headaches on your weightloss journey? I've been having these weird reoccuring headaches (I'm not headache prone) and I'm trying to figure out what it could possibly be linked too... is it possible for calorie restriction to lead to a headache, or could it mean I'm not getting enough of something?

I realize this is a long shot, and I know that any real health concerns should be taken directly to a doctor- but I couldn't help but wonder if any of you have experienced anything similar.

Replies

• Amy_Andrews
    Options
    It could be so many things...
    are you drinking enough water? Stretching well? Getting enough sleep?
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I often get headaches caused by the back of my neck. If I spend a lot of time at the computer I get a stiff neck which can cause headaches. Also I found I grind my teeth, again can cause headaches.
    Have you recently given up coffee, or lowered your coffee intake?
    Where is the headache, at the top of your head, your temples, eyes?
  • sarahnc_
    sarahnc_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I often get headaches caused by the back of my neck. If I spend a lot of time at the computer I get a stiff neck which can cause headaches. Also I found I grind my teeth, again can cause headaches.

I've probably been drinking sliiiightly more coffee lately- black though.
    it's at the temples, like i've got a metal band around my head.
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have a constant headache for weeks now. I just found out I am iron deficient. Looking at my food over the last few weeks, I have found I am def not getting enough meats, practically none.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options

I've probably been drinking sliiiightly more coffee lately- black though.
    it's at the temples, like i've got a metal band around my head.

It could be due to tension or stress. Try keeping note of when you get them, how you feel at the time, what you're doing or what you were doing when you get them. If you're worried or you keep getting them see your doctor and take your notes. There are hundreds of things that cause headaches though.
  • justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Have you recently eliminated something from your diet? When I took out sugars, I had a killer headache for a week while my body was going through withdraws.