I though THAT was healthy???!?

Options
Laughing on my break as I remember some of these things I tried to be healthy or lose weight

-Having one overly large meal. Now, I have seen people lose weight like this but hardly keep it off, and the meal probably wasn't so large and bad haha.
-Switching to citrus sodas from brown sodas?????And then drink twice as much soda since it was not a dark soda??????
-eating overly sweetened cereal 2 times a day with tons of milk
-Trying to just not eat for 24 hours every other day......... WTF
-That dumb grapefruit diet
-Being vegan and not eating a proper vegan diet (eating pretty much just bread)
-Being Vegetarian and not eating a proper vegetarian diet (I added tons of dairy with my bread)
-Going on the Atkins diet but not really being dedicated for more than a few hours
-Going to the buffet and adding a salad covered in dressing prior to eating all I can eat.
-Thinking that walking for 10 minutes was exercise (it can be a great start but it was more of the idea that this was my way of thinking on exercise)

Anyway now I'm kind of making fun of myself haha. Oh well we gotta laugh sometimes.

Anyone have anything they want to share?

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Oh hell yes, I used to be so deep in denial it bordered on some sort of mental problem... Eating cookies for breakfast, big deli sandwiches and chips for lunch, stopping for ice cream or some other treat on my way home and eating a huge dinner and having a drink or two on top of it all! And then thinking some Slim Fast or pill would make it all better becuase I wasn't eating "that" bad. smh Thank goodness I finally smartened up!!
  • hnp1987
    Options
    Lol ya the slimfast thing wow what a waste of time and money for me. I could just poke holes in all those cans at the drugstore now ahhaha.
  • MargaretSans
    MargaretSans Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did slim fast and it went really well.....for about 2 days. I also tried a 3 day clense with smoothies that made me want to throw up and the 3 day military diet than again lasted 2 days. Fad stuff never works long term. Too bad guess I have to stop being lazy
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    About 10 years ago I went on the Cherry Coke and peanut m&m diet... with hours of exercise a day (at least 2 hours sometimes more)... sure I was at a healthy weight... but I wouldn't be here now looking like I do in my av pic if it worked.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I went vegetarian in high school for a week.

AKA I ate nothing but cheese pizza for a week.
    It was pretty epic.
  • hnp1987
    Options
    All we can do is laugh and learn huh....my excuse from January to June of this year was "it's the holidays" for the 15lbs I had packed back on. Oh well. We gotta do right!
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I did the liquid diet thing-and the weight came off...and one day when I tried to run, I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack. Yeah...obviously it didn't last long term...
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I did the eat loads of crap followed by an apple - because that would cancel it all out obviously lol

I am pretty amazed when I think about the stuff I used to eat that I thought was 'not that bad'
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The NAAASTY Apple Vinegar diet...I suppose if you can tolerate the smell alone, AND be able to drink it then cheers to you. I haven't heard of any long term successes with this one.
  • VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Cabbage soup diet....my farts were obscene :laugh:
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    -Having one overly large meal. Now, I have seen people lose weight like this but hardly keep it off, and the meal probably wasn't so large and bad haha.
    This.

When I noticed the beer and take-out was taking its toll I started doing this and for a year I munched on raw cauliflower and celery throughout the day and stuffed myself once I got home. In retrospect, a bag of doritos with a side of hot dogs and a six-pack have enough calories for a day and a half...

Being bloated and hungry at the same time is weird.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Bagels for breakfast slathered in cream cheese with some fruit........oh, the Eat whatever the F*** you want Diet.....I gained a whopping 20 lbs that I am now trying to lose again through diet and exercise.....I fail at weight loss lol

What was that diet about? you just ate whatever. Or are you just making fun of your past eating habits and calling it a diet?