FItbit Question on Steps

Options
Today I took the ATV out on the property to check deer cameras over lunch and it recorded about 1500 steps on the ride. is today a total loss or is there a way I can reduce by 1500 steps for my day?

Replies

• GradyVogt
    GradyVogt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nobody?
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    What a great way to get some exercise-I think I will offer to check ours from now on! Must have been a wild, bumpy ride. Sorry I didn't really help you but at least you know someone was paying attention to your post.
  • wallingf
    wallingf Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there is any way to "remove" steps recorded.

I have noticed when I ride my bike "phantom steps" can show up - so now I remove it when I ride my bike. I think the more you jostle "side to side", the more they show up.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Just log the time spent on the ATV as driving - there's a couple choices for it. It will take care of the extra steps during that time. They still might show up but you won't get the calories for them. I usually log it on the FitBit site.
  • GradyVogt
    GradyVogt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I emailed fitbit and they said the same thing.. Thanks much!
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Today I took the ATV out on the property to check deer cameras over lunch and it recorded about 1500 steps on the ride. is today a total loss or is there a way I can reduce by 1500 steps for my day?

Yeah. show that time as some activity that doesn't involve steps, like driving. I have the same problem when I motorcycle. The vibration records lots of steps I didn't take.

You can get an Android app that will put a widget on your phone that you can tap when you start and stop an activity like this and automatically assign that time to "driving" or the like. It's called DriveBit. It's really simplified my daily motorcycle ride.
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    NOTE: Adjusting your time to driving will correct your steps at the FitBit site on your dashboard and MFP will get correct adjustments. BUT, the Android or iOS app will still reflect the extra steps, for some reason. Doesn't bother me, but it might bother some.