any motorcyclists?

Options

Replies

• AndyTwoSlow
    Options
    why do you guys dart in and out of lanes?

willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it's something to do with having to maintain a certain speed to keep your bike upright (i'm crap at science, it's possible), but maybe it's something else. curious minds want to know.

(but really, it is annoying to drive in your vicinity. no car driver wants to kill a motorcyclist because they didn't see them in their blind spot - you are very tiny and fast! also fyi i've been told nurses call your vehicles meat grinders.)

i will never get on a motorcycle, but other than the above it does look romantic and all that.

Let me turn your question around a little, from a motorcyclists point of view...

why do you guys do everything but drive while you're driving?

willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it's something to do with being poorly training and having to maintain constant digital contact with everyone (i'm crap at psychology, it's possible), but maybe it's something else. curious minds want to know.

(but really, it is annoying to ride in your vicinity. no motorcyclists wants to be killed by a driver texting because they didn't keep their eyes on the road - you don't pay attention while piloting a lethal weapon. Also, fyi, we call your vehicles 'cages.'

I drive as little as possible, because riding is awesome and life is risk. I don't ride to feel younger and add more days to my life. I ride to add more life to my days.
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    take your pic.... lol
    252992_219312128087908_750791_n.jpg
    dr650 supermoto on deals gap
    208493_207098839309237_2988659_n.jpg
    full race zx6r(636) on deals gap
    188975_202664179752703_5936148_n.jpg
    my favorite bike 2006 Z1000 on deals gap
    228464_381847201888383_302422411_n.jpg
    and "The *kitten*" i built this fun little bike for a friend of mine. 2006 Ninja 650r also on deals gap...
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm on a little 2002 Kawasaki ER5 :heart:
  • MrsMX
    MrsMX Posts: 98
    Options
    My man and I ride dirt bikes most weekends ...
    He has KTM and a Husqvarna 510 ...
    I've gone from a Yamaha TT350 to an import Motovert 250.

Only been riding for 12 months and one of these days I'll stop coming off .. hahaha
    (thank god for armor)
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Many thanks to every person who replied to my tag-on question; I am wholly satisfied with the answers.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I ride on the back of my hubby's 1987 Custom Harley Davidson Softtail...thinking about maybe getting my license though!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    946826_4957902385445_251855042_n_zps1cfab5ca.jpg
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I ride on the back of my hubby's 1987 Custom Harley Davidson Softtail...thinking about maybe getting my license though!!

You should!
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Tennessee years ago.
    Yes I know no gear and wearing sneakers. Don't judge

DSC02336-2.jpg
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    why do you guys dart in and out of lanes?

willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it's something to do with having to maintain a certain speed to keep your bike upright (i'm crap at science, it's possible), but maybe it's something else. curious minds want to know.

(but really, it is annoying to drive in your vicinity. no car driver wants to kill a motorcyclist because they didn't see them in their blind spot - you are very tiny and fast! also fyi i've been told nurses call your vehicles meat grinders.)

i will never get on a motorcycle, but other than the above it does look romantic and all that.

Let me turn your question around a little, from a motorcyclists point of view...

why do you guys do everything but drive while you're driving?

willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it's something to do with being poorly training and having to maintain constant digital contact with everyone (i'm crap at psychology, it's possible), but maybe it's something else. curious minds want to know.

(but really, it is annoying to ride in your vicinity. no motorcyclists wants to be killed by a driver texting because they didn't keep their eyes on the road - you don't pay attention while piloting a lethal weapon. Also, fyi, we call your vehicles 'cages.'

I drive as little as possible, because riding is awesome and life is risk. I don't ride to feel younger and add more days to my life. I ride to add more life to my days.

Like! :flowerforyou:
  • anemoneprose
    Options
    lol. ok. i am not going to defend other car drivers because, yeah, many people are unsafe drivers. me, i'm a compulsive mirror-checker, i stay exactly with the flow of traffic, keep a car length around me, signal literally every lane change and turn, i rarely even roll my stops. i'm just saying, i have *never* seen a motorcyclist not do the dart/weave thing while going much faster than everyone else on the road, with such regularity, i might add, that i thought there was a real possibility it might be a requirement of physics (again i suck at science). most weekends, a fleet of 50 or so descends upon the main street near where i live, and not a one of them just goes with the flow of traffic. to be fair, usually, you can hear them ;) i mean you guys are bearing the risk of being badmouthed by nurses in the hospital; the worst that is likely to happen to car drivers is the premium goes up. anyway thanks for answering my question - you like to go fast! - as you were, please :)
  • kinmad4it
    kinmad4it Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bit of an exaggerated over generalisation there.
    The one big difference between riders and drivers is that we know only too well how utterly vulnerable we are and how much we are at the mercy of the drivers.
    The last thing nearly all riders would do is put themselves at even greater risk by riding without care or thought for other road users. You'll always get the odd numpty who'll go against that and ride with just t-shirt and shorts, just as you also get drivers who don't indicate, don't use their mirrors and pay more attention to their mobile than the road and traffic.
  • anemoneprose
    Options
    Bit of an exaggerated over generalisation there.
    The one big difference between riders and drivers is that we know only too well how utterly vulnerable we are and how much we are at the mercy of the drivers.
    The last thing nearly all riders would do is put themselves at even greater risk by riding without care or thought for other road users. You'll always get the odd numpty who'll go against that and ride with just t-shirt and shorts, just as you also get drivers who don't indicate, don't use their mirrors and pay more attention to their mobile than the road and traffic.

to be fair, the ones on the highway are more measured; it's the city riders i've seen who like to divebomb. the ones near me appear to be in a club (they ride together). ok, i know i've messed up your thread, my apologies
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I ride a 79 Yamaha xs750 and a 02 gixxer 750. And in January I plan on getting a Harley. :) maybe a street bob
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This is a great post, even if totally fitness unrelated - unless we focus on calories burned while riding, which seems like a much more legitimate theme ;)

I am still on my Yamaha YBR 125 as I have only complated my A full licence last week... Cannot wait for some money to be available for a *real* bike! Thinking yellow SV650... Any ideas or suggestions?
    I always log my riding......I know it's just an estimate, and can vary depending on the type of riding of course (lots of twisties, windy, of course Moto-x, etc) But I have done a good bit of research and on average have found you burn about 4 cal per minute fo general, average riding. Once I get my HRM, I may have to do some of my own "testing".....haha!

wait-what.gif

Haha! cmcollins... Really? You log your riding?? I was kinda jocking ;)
  • Bigmitch41
    Bigmitch41 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Loving the pics!
  • JovanValor
    JovanValor Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Ninja 500ex , Black with red neon here :P
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<1997 Road Star
  • AndyTwoSlow
    Options
    I ride a 79 Yamaha xs750 and a 02 gixxer 750. And in January I plan on getting a Harley. :) maybe a street bob

I'd love to get an XS twin, but they so ridiculously priced right now. 30+ year old bike in so-so condition for $4k? are you effing nuts?
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options

I'd love to get an XS twin, but they so ridiculously priced right now. 30+ year old bike in so-so condition for $4k? are you effing nuts?

Yeah, the vintage bike thing is getting crazy. I had someone offer me $10,500 for my 76 Suzuki GT750 - unreal!