2 Day Diet

Options
I am trying a new eating plan called the 2 day diet, in which one eats low carb for 2 days a week, then eats 1500 cal/day for the other 5 days. The first 5 days have went well (first 5 days are a jump start, all low carb days). The recipes in the book are delicious. The book is titled "The 2 day diet" and is published by Prevention magazine. I am hoping this works out as a lifestyle change rather than "diet" as I am tired of losing the weight only to put it all back on. Has anyone out there been on this diet, and what success have you had?

Replies

• init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Whats the point of limiting carbs only on some days? This is a legit question. I mean wouldn't it just even out in the end?
    Like I mean, in my head, those 2 no carb days would be overshadowed within 3 days of no carb days and would just end up being similar to just eating a low-carb diet...
  • ballerina_tea
    ballerina_tea Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Whats the point of limiting carbs only on some days? This is a legit question. I mean wouldn't it just even out in the end?
    Like I mean, in my head, those 2 no carb days would be overshadowed within 3 days of no carb days and would just end up being similar to just eating a low-carb diet...

But some people prefer to only worry about it twice a week. Like 5:2, which I love.. Can't comment on this particular diet though. Love my carbs.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I'm personally not a fan of restricting any single food or type of food unless there is a medical necessity. I just can't personally sustain a diet like that. If it works for you though, more power to ya!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    So how many calories are you taking in on these 2 low or no carb days? Is this just another version of 5:2 gone wrong where the real reason for weight loss is just plain VLCD?
  • yobeme
    yobeme Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just read about this too and was thinking about doing it. It would be great to hear about your progress.

The diet is backed by a medical study which was looking at breast cancer and diet. The initial trial was 2 very low calorie days similar to fasting. As participants found this difficult to stick to they did a trial with 2 low carb days (<50g) with similar results. See more here

http://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-tips/weight-loss-plan-2-day-diet

http://www.wcrf.org/blog/weight-cancer-and-the-2-day-diet/

http://www.thetwodaydiet.co.uk/
  • davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    After 5 days of very low carb maybe just stay low carbing. That's not a new diet and it does work. Just up the natural fats, you'll feel like a million bucks eating bacon and eggs every day and the weight will be falling off at your feet.
  • mbar12
    mbar12 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs on the first week. I have not lost any since (3 days) but expect I will.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    After 5 days of very low carb maybe just stay low carbing. That's not a new diet and it does work. Just up the natural fats, you'll feel like a million bucks eating bacon and eggs every day and the weight will be falling off at your feet.

Cause the piece of toast is what made you gain weight, not the 5 rashers of bacon with 3 eggs, perhaps add some extra bacon fat, because it is natural after all ...
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

Cause the piece of toast is what made you gain weight, not the 5 rashers of bacon with 3 eggs, perhaps add some extra bacon fat, because it is natural after all ...
    Sounds legit. :wink:
  • yobeme
    yobeme Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    mbar12 - are you still on the diet? How are you finding it?