Only one week in!

Options
Hello everyone,

I think this site is great! I can't believe how everyone helps eachother out, I've never seen anything like it before. I only joined a week ago but lost 2lbs in my first week which made me very happy. I've historically been a yo-yo dieter! but I'm hoping to change that now using this website. Could do with all the help I can get to keep me focused and stay on track. I had a bad day today, for absolutely no reason and ate 880 calories in biscuits! I could kick my self.

I went back to the gym after a six year break (same old story, had kids and it all went to pieces!) but no more excuses! I will get the weight off and keep it off and in the process change my eating habits forever!

Anyone out there who thinks they could help me out would be great. I'm 47 years old with two small children (aged 6 and 4 - we started late in life!) I'm a stay at home mum!

Thanks for reading.
X

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first 2 lb loss! I hope you are encouraged and motivated and are able to stick with it!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    welcome and congrats on the 2lb weight loss. I am also 47 a sahm and have 7 kids but only 3 still at home . They are 10,12 and 13. So it seems we have quite a bit in common. I love this site and it has really helped me to stay focused and think about what I am putting in my mouth. Just stick with it. Track your food and exercise daily and come on here when you need encouragement. Feel free to add me. You can do it
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

Congrats on your weight loss and your decision to take care of yourself!! :flowerforyou:
    Don't let one mistake get you down, just get right back on track!!
  • njripley
    Options
    Well done on the 2lb loss.

I've only joined today so nothing to report just yet

Add me as a friend and we can share our first weeks

Nx
  • ghubbard42
    Options
    I find myself wanting to hear about how you guys are making life changing decisions and praying it will help me stay strong to continue. I have tried so many other things before and failed because like most things in life, I start off good and slip back into bad habits. This is hard. Yes, I am making the first steps but it's hard.
  • knakau
    knakau Posts: 29
    Options
    Congratulations on 2lb loss.
    i am on the diet chef progrm and first time i have ever enjoyed being on a diet. Rejoined a gym...had a few different attempts in past. working Mum with hubby in army so difficult to find time...jacuzzi is great though!
  • lulu_beans
    lulu_beans Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Keep up the good work!

I have two kids too! They are 7 and 9, and make going to the gym a work out in itself! Just keep at it, the hard work will pay off. :)
  • beelsy1
    beelsy1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you all for replying!

I really really appreciate the support and believe this time, I am going to do it - with your help of course!!

XX
  • TinkerbellAPixie
    Options
    Today is my first day on this site but I have been in my new lifestyle since December 12th. In that time I have lost 48.6 lbs and 5 dress sizes. It's been a daily battle - I call it my second full time job.

The thing you need to realize about those days where you eat a few biscuits - it's just one day. Don't let one day turn into one week, one month, etc. If you figure that you have 9 great days and 1 not so great day - that's still 90% or an A. So give yourself credit for all the good days and don't worry so much about that not-so-good day.

You can do it!
  • beelsy1
    beelsy1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that! your words (and other people's) have put my 'bad' day into perspective! I just need to move on from it and keep going!

You are doing a fantastic job, well done! You're an inspiration to me!

X
  • ghubbard42
    Options
    Each day is getting better but I find that I still want to have my soft drink....(I want a coke so badly:sad: ) I over did it today with drinking water...lol. I feel very full....but I know I didn't put this weight on over night and it's not coming off over night. I hope everyone has had a good day sticking to your goals.