Cabbage soup diet

Options
I've been thinking about trying the cabbage soup diet for a week. Have any of you tried it and what kind of success did you have?

Replies

• init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That sounds gross and probably better explained as a lack of variety.
    Just eat at a deficit and your weight will sort itself out.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Buy charcoal underwear.

acodor.jpg
  • Ljoysh
    Options
    i used the cabbage soup diet for a year and loved it......you always have high-water content nutrition in you that burns your fat. i always had a fresh watermelon cut up in the refrigerator as well as a huge pot of the soup. i made the soup with V-8 juice and never got sick of it. Glad you mentioned the diet as I may make a pot of soup again. It has now been 20 some years and I NEED it.
  • notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I did it, lost a ton of weight and then put it on IMMEDIATELY. Usually after the latest fad diet, there was at least a period of grace before the weight came back but with that one, it really was instant.....I lost 10lb in a week and then put on the same 10lb back on a week later....then added another ten pound in the following three weeks for good measure!

Of all the daft diets I have done over the years, that was the most disgusting and the quickest re-gain. It also left me with a lasting gag reaction to the smell of boiled cabbage! :laugh:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    i used the cabbage soup diet for a year and loved it......you always have high-water content nutrition in you that burns your fat. i always had a fresh watermelon cut up in the refrigerator as well as a huge pot of the soup. i made the soup with V-8 juice and never got sick of it. Glad you mentioned the diet as I may make a pot of soup again. It has now been 20 some years and I NEED it.

Foods, "high water content" or not do not burn fat.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    You burn fat from calorie deficit which what this diet is, albeit extreme IMO.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Eat REAL food and stay within your calorie allowance per MFP suggestions and the weight will come off.
    Patience :tongue:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Helped me bulk up to a nice +365lbs because I was so damn hungry afterwards
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    No. Just eat food. Proper amounts of just real food. Stop hunting for "diets" and just eat food. Not even "diet" food, just honest to goodness food. Food that you ENJOY eating... just CONTROL your intake.

Some magic crap-your-pants-soup diet isn't going to last. You'll just wind up hungry and farting a lot.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    What you save from getting other food you spend in toilet paper. Best of luck!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No just no.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Some magic crap-your-pants-soup diet isn't going to last. You'll just wind up hungry and farting a lot.

In for "crap-your-pants soup."
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Do you really like cabbage or something?

I've tried the beer and pizza diet before. Worked well actually. It just took a lot of working out.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who tried this. By the 3rd day she had to force it down. She also had lots of dizzy spells while doing it. She lost a bit of weight, gained it all back right after. Not worth it.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    better stock up

Oops_I_Crapped_My_Pants_Diapers_JPG.jpg
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • JavaJuno
    JavaJuno Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My mother tried this back in her twenties and lost a substantial amount of weight - till she quit. I began trying it last April and was miserable on it. Absolutely horrible to eat nothing but cabbage soup all day - and there are so many variations of this diet, none of them very good. Of course, I was promptly ordered to quit the diet after my mother found out, thankfully. :) You really only lose water weight on this diet, and it's easy to gain it back when you leave the diet. And the reason it "works" is because cabbage soup is around 30-50 calories a cup I believe, so... eat only that all day and you've got yourself a huge, unhealthy calories deficient.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't advise it but what do I know...
    (for future reference, any mention on this site about starting a "fad" diet is likely to get you a LOT of flack from most people). Most people are on here cuz they've tried fad diets for years, and know that they are never a long-term fix. So the people on here are not that forgiving when it comes to giving fad diets a chance. I'm not trying be harsh, just givin you a heads-up if you haven't been here long.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    You are kidding right?