From Lorna Doones to Lorna Janes

Options
I started out with slim fasts and 100 calorie packs of pretzels for salty cravings and lorna doone cookies for sweet cravings. I had a brand new wardrobe that I told myself were less important than my health. I can still wear those with a belt but today I traded in 3 pairs of workout pants that look ridiculous on me now for a discount on a pair of compression pants. In my haste to meet a friend for lunch I showed the girl my current jeans size tag and told her they are a little loose after she'd asked if I was a medium. She still chose medium and as we both rifled through the style I wanted it was hard to skip the larges and extra larges. at the last minute i saw a whole new style in a rack behind me and when i said i want these i love the pink waistband she rushed a size medium to the register before i could find a large. On the way to the car I shrugged and said to myself oh well when i try them on I will be able to judge by how tight they are if I should get a large or an extra large if i can't even get them up. After a chipotle steak burrito for lunch followed by a chocolate croissant and pumpkin spice latte and finishing up kiddos after school reward donut treat i showered and dreaded trying them on in my sticky engorged state. but i was pressed for time to go exchange them before hubby got home and dinner and evening schedules went full swing. Lo and behold they went up without the struggle I expected. Which led me to worry they would not mitigate my jiggle as that had been keeping me from the gym from embarrASSment. Everytime I wanted to go to my new gym i couldnt bring myself to...for fear of how much jiggle i saw in my shadow the other day and how I see others jiggle and pray no one will make fun of mine. So I did some flashdance run in place in front of my bathroom mirror. taut as a trampoline. then i spanked it. no jiggle at all. then the true challenge a full on all out no holds barred Shakira booty shake. Some movement for sure but very very nice and controlled. I think I can even get brave to Zumba in these bad boys. So to sum up todays renewed workout motivation and literal support and size NSV all came in the form of Lorna Jane compression pants. 3 cheers for Australia! TL;DR Fat girl gets into size medium on a pant with no margin for error. SORRY FOR THE PARAGRAPH MURDER.

Replies

• sandyt_79
    sandyt_79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I have no idea what this post is about..

OK So I must just jumped the gun and replied before you had finished. Congrats on the Medium pants. One day I hope I can say the same.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    LOL....Happy for you girl!! You are a medium now!!! Woot Woot!! Celebrate good times, Come On!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    In for continuing pant saga :wink:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Awesome my friend!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I have no idea what this post is about..

OK So I must just jumped the gun and replied before you had finished. Congrats on the Medium pants. One day I hope I can say the same.
    lol...thanks. i am a little cell phone internet challenged. get off my lawn!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    That's awesome!!!
    no bella thats awesome. (yer profile pic)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I started out with slim fasts and 100 calorie packs of pretzels for salty cravings and lorna doone cookies for sweet cravings. I had a brand new wardrobe that I told myself were less important than my health. I can still wear those with a belt but today I traded in 3 pairs of workout pants that look ridiculous on me now for a discount on a pair of compression pants.

In my haste to meet a friend for lunch I showed the salesgirl my current jeans size tag and told her they are a little loose after she'd asked if I was a medium. She still chose medium and as we both rifled through the style I wanted it was hard to skip the larges and extra larges. at the last minute i saw a whole new style in a rack behind me and when i said i want these i love the pink waistband she rushed a size medium to the register before i could find a large. On the way to the car I shrugged and said to myself oh well when i try them on I will be able to judge by how tight they are if I should get a large or an extra large if i can't even get them up.

After a chipotle steak burrito for lunch followed by a chocolate croissant and pumpkin spice latte with the friend and finishing up kiddos after school reward donut treat i showered and dreaded trying them on in my sticky engorged state. but i was pressed for time to go exchange them before hubby got home and dinner and evening schedules went full swing. Lo and behold they went up without the struggle I expected. Which led me to worry they would not mitigate my jiggle as that had been keeping me from the gym from embarrASSment.

Everytime I wanted to go to my new gym i couldnt bring myself to...for fear of how much jiggle i saw in my shadow the other day and how I see others jiggle and pray no one will make fun of mine. So I did some flashdance run in place in front of my bathroom mirror. taut as a trampoline. then i spanked it. no jiggle at all. then the true challenge a full on all out no holds barred Shakira booty shake. Some movement for sure but very very nice and controlled. I think I can even get brave to Zumba in these bad boys.

So to sum up todays renewed workout motivation and literal support and size NSV all came in the form of Lorna Jane compression pants. 3 cheers for Australia!

TL;DR Fat girl gets into size medium on a pant with no margin for error.

I'm quoting myself to rewrite this NSV and motivating story of the week with paragraphs as I have limited time access to a laptop but realize that was a killer to read.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Now I want a Lorna Doone with a glass of milk.. :sad:

Also awesome NSV, OP. :flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Now I want a Lorna Doone with a glass of milk.. :sad:

Also awesome NSV, OP. :flowerforyou:
    lol i know those are my favorite cookies ever...even tho i am a chocoholic...go figger.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I started out with slim fasts and 100 calorie packs of pretzels for salty cravings and lorna doone cookies for sweet cravings. I had a brand new wardrobe that I told myself were less important than my health. I can still wear those with a belt but today I traded in 3 pairs of workout pants that look ridiculous on me now for a discount on a pair of compression pants.

In my haste to meet a friend for lunch I showed the salesgirl my current jeans size tag and told her they are a little loose after she'd asked if I was a medium. She still chose medium and as we both rifled through the style I wanted it was hard to skip the larges and extra larges. at the last minute i saw a whole new style in a rack behind me and when i said i want these i love the pink waistband she rushed a size medium to the register before i could find a large. On the way to the car I shrugged and said to myself oh well when i try them on I will be able to judge by how tight they are if I should get a large or an extra large if i can't even get them up.

After a chipotle steak burrito for lunch followed by a chocolate croissant and pumpkin spice latte with the friend and finishing up kiddos after school reward donut treat i showered and dreaded trying them on in my sticky engorged state. but i was pressed for time to go exchange them before hubby got home and dinner and evening schedules went full swing. Lo and behold they went up without the struggle I expected. Which led me to worry they would not mitigate my jiggle as that had been keeping me from the gym from embarrASSment.

Everytime I wanted to go to my new gym i couldnt bring myself to...for fear of how much jiggle i saw in my shadow the other day and how I see others jiggle and pray no one will make fun of mine. So I did some flashdance run in place in front of my bathroom mirror. taut as a trampoline. then i spanked it. no jiggle at all. then the true challenge a full on all out no holds barred Shakira booty shake. Some movement for sure but very very nice and controlled. I think I can even get brave to Zumba in these bad boys.

So to sum up todays renewed workout motivation and literal support and size NSV all came in the form of Lorna Jane compression pants. 3 cheers for Australia!

TL;DR Fat girl gets into size medium on a pant with no margin for error.

I'm quoting myself to rewrite this NSV and motivating story of the week with paragraphs as I have limited time access to a laptop but realize that was a killer to read.

You do this AFTER my eyeballs melted! :p

Was a very good story. Great to hear. I look forward to medium pants myself...