Shorties needing support!

Options

Replies

• KayLasMack
    KayLasMack Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and have logged in daily for about a week and a half. Let me just say I can truly understand where you're coming from about the ridiculous weight numbers for height. Standing at a whopping 5'3", at my heaviest , I was 234. When I started MFP a little over a week ago I was at 193lbs. At one point I was able to get my weight down to around 160, only to gain 33lbs back in a span of 3 years. Hence why I am on MFP now. Within a week I lost 3lbs just by changing my diet and logging my daily walks. gw is 140ish. Good luck to everyone on their goals. Inspires me to keep going and make a permanent lifestyle change. :happy:
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a lot of weight to lose when I started my fitness journey, but I am currently maintaining at 5'1" and 100 lbs. In the maintenance forums, a good rule of thumb for most people is "shoot for 5 lbs under your goal weight and that will give you flexibility to adjust caloric intake and macros." However, going to 95 lbs for me is probably going to be unhealthy, right? So I may only have 2-3 lbs on either side of my current weight to "play" with. But the next question is "well, what about variations due to water retention?" It all starts to be very granular and sometimes frustrating.

My TDEE is also low in comparison to others due to being petite. I have checked at least 3 different TDEE calculators, and have also averaged total calorie intake over the past 32 days, and I get around 1570. My 6'3" husband burns half of that in a single 45 minute workout!

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to increase my strength gains. Obviously, the answer is "eat more" but I would need to start slowly--maybe even smaller increases than the standard recommendations (and as a consequence my strength gains may also be slower too).

Anyway--feel free to add me. I have a lot to say!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". Been on here for almost a month, and doing well so far. Finally.
  • apartridge85
    apartridge85 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Fellow shortie here! I'm 5'0 and just had my third baby 16 weeks ago. I have been logging steadily for the past 80 some days. I am slowly losing. Here are my stats

Highest weight(The day I had my son)-216
    CW: 176.4
    GW: 125

Feel free to add me! Good Luck!!
  • ravegee
    ravegee Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Fellow shortie here
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm 154cm so I'm def's a shortie! :bigsmile:
  • LemonLizard
    LemonLizard Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    5'2 here as well - looking to lose 20-30 lbs. I would love to get support and help support other short women! Pretty new to this, myself.
  • Heres2Victory
    Heres2Victory Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am a fellow Shortie 5'2" ...or Fun Size as my kids joke! Kudos to you for getting back on track and wanting this! I try to be a good friend and support all sizes, shapes and heights!
  • jennycina93
    jennycina93 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It sounds like we have similar stories. I am 5'1". I just started on here today and have a long way to go.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm short as well! I'm almost 5"1' & weighed 167 in July. Now I weigh 145. Goal is to be 132 then go from there. I was on here last year but of course slacked off & gained everything i lost back but I'm determined that this is it. No more slacking off! Good luck everyone!
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Shorty here too, 5'2. I weighed in at 219, a pound below my "scary" weight. Obviously, any extra weight isn't good but for some reason, the number 220 really scares me, even more than 200 did.

Feel free to add me :)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Try being short, at your goal weight, and older. Even at maintenance, that is not a lot of calories. I am creative with my food though and satisfied with my 1350 calories. Only on some days does this not seem fair.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel I'm only 5'1. 202 at my heaviest, I never thought I would lose the weight but 17 months later I weigh 128.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow shorties!! Remember, really spectacular things come in small packages!! :wink:

I am 56, almost 5'1"
    SW: 212
    CW: 154
    Goal 130, as I think that is a number I can maintain?

Good luck everyone and feel free to add me if you would like!! I am here just about every day!!!
  • Galloping4God
    Galloping4God Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I totally understand being short! 5'1" right here! :)

Anyway-
    SW: 160
    CW:130
    GW:125

Feel free to add me!
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump

i'm 4' 11" goal 130 - 125 current 150 or so
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Another shortie.. I am 5'0. I started at 143 a little over a year ago and have been maintaining between 114-117 for the past couple months.
  • arouse0930
    Options
    5'1" and currently 137 lbs. Started at 165 and trying to get to 125. Add me if you like. I'm always looking for motivation and to help motivate others.
  • SarahStrawberry
    Options
    Not to be rude, but what's with the pic of you eating a pancake? You've got to see yourself differently if you want to succeed.

Omg, seriously? She's in England and I believe that's a little scone. And most people post before photos. What kind of comment is that?

Thanks for backing me up! :) Technically it is a Welsh cake and yes it is a before pic. But even if I weighed 110lbs (a girl can dream!) I'd be allowed to eat and photographed doing so! I thought the whole point of this site was to track what you eat and make sure it is less than you burn (if you're trying to lose weight, of course!). I think if you're starving yourself or never eating nice food you're going to quit very quickly!

PS a welsh cake is only about 180 calories anyway!
  • SarahStrawberry
    Options
    In four weeks you have lost 33 lbs?? That is awesome but scary at the same time. I say scary as I was understanding the more weight one takes off in a short amount of time, the faster it goes back on.

Hey Susanne, no I've lost 33lbs since joining MFP - only 7lbs since the start of September. Sometimes I wish it would come off that quickly but I know that's not healthy nor sustainable!
This discussion has been closed.