Meat grosses me out

I have been weird about meat my whole life, I dont know why. Chicken I make my fiance dissect before we eat it. Chicken used to be the go to meat and now I am so yucky about it. I like beef as in steak or stir fry or what have u. But pork, and chicken are just out. What do I do. i get sick even thinking about eating them...texture...taste...look.

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    I'm sorry you don't like the texture or taste but most people love this about pork. You should find someone that really knows how to prepare it and if you don't like it you could always spit it out. (Although many consider that to be rude)
  • Lol...everyone thinks Im weird. It is nothing about animals..its just I dont like it. And if I see a vein or tendon etc I cant finish my meal. Pork especially I dont like. What gives.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Lol...everyone thinks Im weird. It is nothing about animals..its just I dont like it. And if I see a vein or tendon etc I cant finish my meal. Pork especially I dont like. What gives.

Well, you're not supposed to focus on the veins or whatever. Try not to think about that part. Just close your eyes and savor the flavor. I wouldn't call it weird but most people love it.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,000 Member
    I guess my question is why do you feel like you should eat it. I mean, if you don't like it, why consider eating it.

I personally rarely eat land animal meat. And almost never eat pork. Probably eat land animal meat like once a month at most. I do eat fish and eggs though.

So, eat what you like. There are other sources of protein aside from meat.
  • boatyboat
    boatyboat Posts: 60 Member
    Pigs in general creep me out. I don't eat pigs. Bacon comes from a bacon plant.
  • I agree...why eat it. I love veggies, cheese (my downfall) , pasta, and steak. I guess health wize I know I need protein. Plus its hard to cook for my daughter and fiance who "love meat"!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Do you have the same feelings toward "mouth presents?"