Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad...?

Options
AlyRoseNYC
AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
Soo...this is my weakness and what I consider a "cheating" meal. DH thinks it is crazy that I can classify a salad as a "fattening" food, but most of us know the deal with the Caesar salad.

So, I've been noticing that for the past few days, I've been coming up short on my calories for the day. Yesterday I was under by almost 400!!! Same thing for the day before.

What I am really looking for is an enabler lol. What are your views on this salad???

Replies

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Well, again that is what I love about a low carb plan versus a calorie counting plan................I don't watch calorie or fat intake at all.

A grilled chicken caesar salad is an optimal meal (without croutons of course) for a low carber and is very filling and satisfying.

Huge salads with meat, cheese and veggies with caesar or buttermilk ranch dressing are heavenly meals to me.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I don't consider my grilled chicken ceasar salad a cheat meal, but I use a fat free ceasar italian dressing so it is still a low fat meal. I make mine at home, too, though, so I can make sure I use super lean chicken, low fat cheese, and fat free croutons.
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    Chicken Caesar salad is also my favourite meal! I have a low fat version throughout the week, it comes in 316 calories, 13g fat, 10g carbs and 10g protein. Let me know if you want the recipe x
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    I get grilled chicken caesar salads from McDonald's for dinners from time to time. It's a real treat!
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Had one at Olive Garden, yesterday...but I should have looked up the calories on their website, first...NOT good. Unless of course, you get dressing on the side, but then what's the point of getting a Caesar? ;-)

Garden salads (no dressing) or grilled vegetables at restaurants from here on out.
  • CMenendez
    CMenendez Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    @Ellem86.. I would like to have ur recipe. Please send me a message.
    Thanks!
  • BeerKahuna
    Options
    I eat them all of the time. At home I use a "Lite" dressing (on the side, of course),

If you don't overdue it on the dressing or croutoins it can easily fit into a well managed plan.

Here's what one of mine looks like with regular dressing and croutons:

Meal details for "Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad"
    Items in this meal Calories Carbs Fat Sat Fat Protein Fiber
    Fresh Gourmet - Cheese & Garlic Croutons - Dc, 12 croutons 60 8 2 0 2 0
    Dole - Romaine Lettuce, 3 cups 23 5 0 0 2 2
    Cheese - Parmesan, shredded, 2 tbsp 42 0 3 2 4 0
    Chicken - Chicken Breast, Skinless, Boneless, Chopped, 4 oz 187 0 4 0 32 0
    Salad dressing - Caesar dressing, regular, 3 tbsp 233 1 25 4 1 0
    Club House - Cajun Seasoning, 0.5 tsp 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Total: 545 14 34 6 41 2

Alternatively, I up the chicken to 8oz and use the lite dressing which loweres the fat, ups the protein, but keeps the calories around 500 ish